Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Lewis is better, think Liverpool are interested 

Lewis, Aarons, Godfrey, Cantwell, Kelly,Ramsdale, Cook, Brooks,  Buendia, Sarr, Benrahma, Watkins... Sign em' all!

Let's build a Frankenstein's monster out of newly relegated players and from players who lost the play off final :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

ok, my 11 if i could buy ze players.....

Heaton

Guilbert - Konsa - Mings - Targett

McGinn - Luiz

Benrahma - Grealish - Buendia

Edouard

assuming:

Benrahma - 25m

Buendia - 30m

Edouard - 40m

Total : 95m

I would also spend another 15-20m on a central midfielder to challenge Luiz/McGinn, if we could afford it.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

Just now, omariqy said:

Liverpool have done well out of buying relegated players.

I think there are cherries to pick, it should not be the whole strategy thou.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Well I would put Jack back in the middle and get two wingers. Fullbacks are a clear weakness. Jack is most likely to stay if a we get quality in and b he is in his preferred position. Why keep bottle job Ghazi, when Trez produced when it mattered most? We spend 50m, but who, I don't  see a decent name. Last season Callum Wilson was worth 40 to 50m, now at 20m one season latter he is finished! I actually agree we need a marque striker, but we can't afford 50m on a striker right now. We put all our eggs on a striker what happens if he is out of 6 months or more after 5 games? Buggered!

I know what you are saying mate, but if we get in a quality player on a free (e.g. Fraser) then it’s 2 players in with around £50m left

13 minutes ago, Ben said:

Origi, inanacho and Abraham are not what we should be going for, go get a marquee signing 

Signing any one of those three would be considered a marquee signing by other PL clubs. For me, you have given them in ascending order of how big a marquee signing they would each be for us.   

Just now, KAZZAM said:

Think we need two CM's personally providing we keep playing 4-3-3. The 5 sub rule and also the compact season will surely mean we will need more fresh legs in the middle.

Hmmm..

2 CMs

3 Wingers (obvs)

2 full backs (all our fbs are worst, probs L1 standard)

CB (to sprinkle experience around)

GK (backup and carry that net of balls to training)

2 Strikers (20 goal a season + super sub)

???

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Hmmm..

2 CMs

3 Wingers (obvs)

???

Are you building a team on fifa? 

4 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Hmmm..

2 CMs

3 Wingers (obvs)

???

This is a joke right?

18 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Heaton

Guilbert - Konsa - Mings - Targett

McGinn - Luiz

Benrahma - Grealish - Buendia

Edouard

I'd like us to get someone better than Targett. Still not convinced of Guilbert either.

I don't like Jack as an 8. He isn't performing there.

With all this talk about Watkins and his release clause of £18 Million, you have to bare in mind that is the MINIMUM amount this player can be sold for, I believe, if I have read the rules correctly, if other clubs are interested they can bid against each other with bids more than the stated figure, therefore it could work out with the original minimum release clause being surpassed by a few million more.

Ezri Konsa  went for his original release clause of £12.5 Million because Villa were the only bidders, but it could have turned out differently if there were other clubs interested.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, jonjon said:

With all this talk about Watkins and his release clause of £18 Million, you have to bare in mind that is the MINIMUM amount this player can be sold for, I believe, if I have read the rules correctly, if other clubs are interested they can bid against each other with bids more than the stated figure, therefore it could work out with the original minimum release clause being surpassed by a few million more.

Ezri Konsa  went for his original release clause of £12.5 Million because Villa were the only bidders, but it could have turned out differently if there were other clubs interested.

That's not how release clauses work...  

• Like 3

Clubs are only going to bid what the release clause is, if say Leeds bid £18m and someone else bids £22m, if Watkins decided he wanted to join Leeds that £18m bid  would have to be accepted. That's even if there is a release clause to begin with of course.

3 minutes ago, jonjon said:

True to a point. But pretty much all clubs will just bid the £18m and then offer different terms to the player. I highly doubt anyone will be paying over the release clause regardless of the number of bidders.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Nope, building a philharmonic orchestra. Including the geezer on triangle.

Send you scouts to the West Indies for the triangle player. They'll find someone to stand at the back and ting.

• Sad 1