Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

7 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

I don’t know much about Watkins apart from the goals highlights I’ve seen. Is he a straight up CF or can he play wide?

Yeah he can play wide. Which maybe why Smith would like him. You can shove him out wide as a backup winger in a pinch. But I would sooner get an actual winger, or whatever the modern fancy term is.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TRO said:

but it really is......we stayed up by the skin of our teeth....if we buy squad players, we might no be so lucky next time.....after last season some of our first teamers should be squad players.

Players that we think are good enough, are not.

The league doesn't lie.

We need some standout players.

And then we have non ambitious types on here screaming not to change our squad 🤦🏽‍♂️. it is mandatory that we start the season with 4! New faces in the starting XI . 

5 Minimum Signings

LB

CB

RW

CM

CF 

Yes I understand RB is not at its finest but we have konsa/guilbert as options which is better than targett/taylor IMO.

• Like 3

This might be a good place to start listing Championship players who came to us directly from a Championship club and we regard as a starter next season in the premier league?
Might help us judge future candidates.

Conor
Konsa?

I cant find any others? I dont see the Championship as having been a happy hunting ground for us, recruitment wise.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

Watkins Exeter - - - Brentford

Edouard PSG Youth - - - Celtic ...

I would say is about par ...? 

We have surplus players who I reckon may be attractive to Celtic so Watkins or Edouard for £25mill... I’m swaying the latter as I think he has the higher potential IMO... 

#announceSchick 

#AnnounceMcKennie

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

This might be a good place to start listing Championship players who came to us directly from a Championship club and we regard as a starter next season in the premier league?
Might help us judge future candidates.

Conor
Konsa?

I cant find any others? I dont see the Championship as having been a happy hunting ground for us, recruitment wise.

A fairer assessment would be to include players that did well for us in the Championship (without blowing the league to pieces) and now are still good enough to be in our first eleven in the Prem.. 

Mings, Grealish & McGinn.

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I am not trying to be disrespectful to Brentford, but many bang the drum for their business model, where they ask huge sums for their players to prospective buyers......but they win nothing, they are not winners....not yet anyway.

They have had a great season by their standards, played some eye catching football.....but what have they won?

When the pressure was on, they didn't turn up.....their well documented BMW forward line was reduced to a blunt chisel, by a well organised Fulham defence.

I disagree, I get the winning etc but this is a small crappy club we are talking about making big amounts off players so much so they could pay for their new stadium out right securing their future.

they can try and win things in the future what they are doing is securing a base for themselves to push on and not be in the premier league like Bournemouth with some tin pot ground build on unstable foundations.

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Don’t trust Percy with any rumours. I just have a gut feeling that we are going to be signing bigger names without much fanfare or press speculation. 

Percy is normally very accurate!

I hope your gut feeling is right but I suspect that big names are some way down the road. For this season signing 4 or 5 solid, quality £20-£25m players will give us the improvement we desire 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Percy is normally very accurate!

I hope your gut feeling is right but I suspect that big names are some way down the road. For this season signing 4 or 5 solid, quality £20-£25m players will give us the improvement we desire 

I’m not sure that’s what the owners are expecting though.  Their comments see more ambitious.  I’m not talking about Europe or anything like that but they seem to indicate wanting more which solid signings wouldn’t give us.  Just my impression anyway.  I suppose it also depends who it is but I don’t think the like of Watkins are in that.

Really thought the Owners may put more in than 100 mill, not alot you can do with that is there?? If there are four signings you know you've got limits in who you go for. From the moment 100 mill was announced by media it has sent us all into the thought that we will be buying championship players or more of the same again from this season gone. I thought our Owner were ambitious and while it's great they are putting in funds a 100 mill is abit of a let down where competing is concerned. Are our Owners throwing as little as they can add the job all while adding abit back into there pockets, possibly and that's ok but it could be at the cost of league position. 

I think if were going for championship players or again the foreign leagues trying to find some cheap young players then we possibly could be heading for another relegation fight next season. At most i expect us to scrape out of a relegation scrap by five or six points unless the players we buy from the championship translate there work from there to the premier, that will be one big ask will it not??

I must say that I'm fairly worried at the moment if I was to go by media reports and the signs are not good on signings but that's just the media. Edouard or Tammy are probably the best players being floated around by media for us to go for. If we can land either then having someone who can score goals may certainly improve us alone but we really do need someone for a lone striker who can put them in the net. Then we need two Wingers so Grealish can go back center and the Wingers can provide sufficient service along with midfield players to that lone striker.

I just hope us fans do not get let down, I dont know why but I think it will happen, again think that's the media setting that up for me and you if your feeling unimpressed so far.

Lot of bickering in here, judging by past signings made by this regime we won't know anything till they announce something.

So I reckon we should relax, enjoy getting 8 points from the last 4 games and pulling off the great escape, DHUTWU and wait for the announcement.

32 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

A fairer assessment would be to include players that did well for us in the Championship (without blowing the league to pieces) and now are still good enough to be in our first eleven in the Prem.. 

Mings, Grealish & McGinn.

You forgot Luiz still good enough for first eleven duty as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Really thought the Owners may put more in than 100 mill, not alot you can do with that is there?? If there are four signings you know you've got limits in who you go for. From the moment 100 mill was announced by media it has sent us all into the thought that we will be buying championship players or more of the same again from this season gone. I thought our Owner were ambitious and while it's great they are putting in funds a 100 mill is abit of a let down where competing is concerned. Are our Owners throwing as little as they can add the job all while adding abit back into there pockets, possibly and that's ok but it could be at the cost of league position. 

I think if were going for championship players or again the foreign leagues trying to find some cheap young players then we possibly could be heading for another relegation fight next season. At most i expect us to scrape out of a relegation scrap by five or six points unless the players we buy from the championship translate there work from there to the premier, that will be one big ask will it not??

I must say that I'm fairly worried at the moment if I was to go by media reports and the signs are not good on signings but that's just the media. Edouard or Tammy are probably the best players being floated around by media for us to go for. If we can land either then having someone who can score goals may certainly improve us alone but we really do need someone for a lone striker who can put them in the net. Then we need two Wingers so Grealish can go back center and the Wingers can provide sufficient service along with midfield players to that lone striker.

I just hope us fans do not get let down, I dont know why but I think it will happen, again think that's the media setting that up for me and you if your feeling unimpressed so far.

If they spend £100m this summer on top of the £140m they spent last season then I think we can consider ourselves extremely fortunate given we didn’t have £1.40 when they arrived. 

They’ve spent a fortune on the club one way or another