Villan4Life

10 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Maupay deliberately halted his run to initiate the contact, no way was that one a penalty.

With the C&B specs on I 100% guarantee 

But that was the epitome of a big teams get that penalty, no way salah at anfield doesn't get that 

That's way more debatable that mcginn on mee 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But that was the epitome of a big teams get that penalty, no way salah at anfield doesn't get that 

Agree there although no way should they be penalties either. If Konsa took his legs out fair enough but he completely halted his pace and let Konsa collide into him. As it's Maupay probably had no intention of taking the shot on as he can't finish. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I think part of what caused the bad temper and frustration on the side of the Brentford players is they had the win in the offing and they ****ed it.

And they have one person to blame. Benjamin Mee

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Yes but Salah or Kane would also not hold back and look for the penalty first when they had a chance to shoot

Quite like Brentford. Quite like Frank. He's a very lucky coach mind. To be consistently given near-on excellent players like he is.

He's let himself down here talking total shit after being outdone by a better coach and let down by the thug he plays at CB.

McGinn/Mee a pen? No. Lie.

Maupay a pen? You can argue that if you like. He'd be fuming if it was against them.

Mee not a red? Behave. Lying to himself and everyone else.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Quite like Brentford. Quite like Frank. He's a very lucky coach mind. To be consistently given near-on excellent players like he is.

He's let himself down here talking total shit after being outdone by a better coach and let down by the thug he plays at CB.

McGinn/Mee a pen? No. Lie.

Maupay a pen? You can argue that if you like. He'd be fuming if it was against them.

Mee not a red? Behave. Lying to himself and everyone else.

I thought the Maupay one was an absolute stonewall penalty. I am amazed it wasn't given and would be livid if it was the other way around.

However they should have been down to 10 men even before the foul on Bailey l, which was also a clear red, so he can bugger off.

It doesn't take these tinpot clubs long to start getting ideas above their station. 

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

I thought the Maupay one was an absolute stonewall penalty. I am amazed it wasn't given and would be livid if it was the other way around.

However they should have been down to 10 men even before the foul on Bailey l, which was also a clear red, so he can bugger off.

It doesn't take these tinpot clubs long to start getting ideas above their station. 

No chance is that a stonewall pen. Yeah it could have been given but he’s definitely looking for the contact. The bigger issue is that the decision is almost certainly swayed by who the two teams are and the two players involved which can’t be right.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Stonewall? Move infront of opposition player, stop and fall over, yeah I have seen them given, but no way should they be.

As for Ben Mee, those kind of tackles needn't even be in the game. Actually said on the wireless today, you never saw one for years, then knobbers like Mee bring then back into the game.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I think part of what caused the bad temper and frustration on the side of the Brentford players is they had the win in the offing and they ****ed it.

Yep. Perhaps Frank will be more careful next time and avoid signing thugs.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Stonewall? Move infront of opposition player, stop and fall over, yeah I have seen them given, but no way should they be.

Agreed. It's not just that he stopped and propped - he changed his line to make sure there was contact. You can't give that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

I thought the Maupay one was an absolute stonewall penalty. 

Stonewall my arse, never a penalty. If that gets given it’s time to throw the towel in for the game as we know it. Just can’t abide cheating little shits like Maupay. 

Edited by The Moustache of Teale
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Stonewall my arse, never a penalty. If that gets given it’s time to throw the towel in for the game as we know it. Just can’t abide cheating little shits like Maupay. 

Suarez was doing that for Liverpool 10 years ago

Grealish made a career out of it us 

Also seen them using the old "anywhere else on the pitch" cliche but they're right, should it ge a foul? No, is it a foul in modern PL football? 99/100 yes

Even konsa does it a couple of time a game, shield the ball, contact, fall over, free kick 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Suarez was doing that for Liverpool 10 years ago

Grealish made a career out of it us 

Also seen them using the old "anywhere else on the pitch" cliche but they're right, should it ge a foul? No, is it a foul in modern PL football? 99/100 yes

Even konsa does it a couple of time a game, shield the ball, contact, fall over, free kick 

I cant remember Grealish ever getting a penalty for us by doing it. 

The issue is Maupay slowed down to force the contact because he is garbage. A good player takes the ball to goal and shoots. If they were at equal pace then it would be argued more as a penalty

Â