Villan4Life

36 minutes ago, turnbull said:

What does Ben Mee have against us?

Well, once he found out that the bass player in the band that played at his wedding reception was a Villa fan, he hasn't been the same 😏

I take some responsibility for this....

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yet shearer and Wright said he had every right to do it and they did the same. He got personal abuse from one fan all game and he did nothing wrong really

I’m talking about in the scope of the overall game.

Whether people think it was ok or not is just personal view. In the scope of the overall game which had several flash points I’m sure it will appear in the report as something which could have been avoided and led to a bit of a melee.

We will rightly point to some of the things which Brentford did, but we are not completely without blame. Thats all I’m saying.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I think Watkins celebrating his goal by goading opposition fans is not a good look for the club. Whether they’d been giving him grief or not he should known better.

Its not crime of the century, but it added to what will probably land both clubs in trouble with the FA.

You keep saying this Dave but he didn't goad opposition fans, he specifically called out one fan for giving him abuse.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I’m talking about in the scope of the overall game.

Whether people think it was ok or not is just personal view. In the scope of the overall game which had several flash points I’m sure it will appear in the report as something which could have been avoided and led to a bit of a melee.

We will rightly point to some of the things which Brentford did, but we are not completely without blame. Thats all I’m saying.

Yes that was the start of it but I tend to blame Martinez more for whst happened later on.  Watkins Is just being human.

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Less anger from their fans at Toney saying '**** Brentford' whilst still a Brentford player than towards Ollie today.

Less anger from our fans towards Toney when he threw up a Zulu sign at VP, than Brentford fans towards Ollie today.

They're clearly just one of the meltiest fan bases in the league. Alongside Spurs and Arsenal it seems.

I remember lots of people losing their minds about Deeney, the Z and Young diving. All fans are the same.

9 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

You keep saying this Dave but he didn't goad opposition fans, he specifically called out one fan for giving him abuse.

It doesn’t really matter how many people his mini protest was aimed at does it? He did something unnecessary which led to a 10+ player grapple in the goal, and aggression in the stands.

= Villa contributed to the ugliness of the second half.

Edited by Genie

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

It doesn’t really matter how many people his mini protest was aimed at does it? He did something unnecessary which led to a 10+ player grapple in the goal, and aggression in the stands.

= Villa contributed to the ugliness of the second half.

Dont disagree

But this whole idea of footballers disrespecting fans, not celebrating in front of fans etc etc it's all nonsense, every fan in that ground knows that there are their own set fans that are giving out to the opposition every week, doesn't matter who they are or who they play for, I'm sure Mee and Maupay got dogs abuse yesterday, the whole notion that footballers can't react to it or we should then be offended when they do is childish, it's a 2 way street

We boo Maupay for 90 mins, call him a word removed all game, chant he's a rocket polisher, if he scores in the 90th minute and cups his ears or points at us we have no right to be offended by it, it's amazing how precious football fans are over this stuff when the reality is far too many football fans are assholes 

• Like 2

I think one of the main points to make is that grown men needs to stop being such helmets and shouting personal abuse at players over a game of **** football.

I get that emotions can run high in certain games, but there's absolutely no need to take it to those sort of levels. There's a big difference between bantering a team/player and just being a clearing in the woods. There's so many people on social media defending what the Brentford fan in question did because "it's football" and it "happens all the time". How about these people that shout such OTT and personal abuse grow the **** up and stop acting like teenagers. You can't normalise being a scumbag just because "that's how the game is". Learn some self control FFS.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

We boo Maupay for 90 mins, call him a word removed all game, chant he's a rocket polisher, if he scores in the 90th minute and cups his ears or points at us we have no right to be offended by it, it's amazing how precious football fans are over this stuff when the reality is far too many football fans are assholes 

If that happened I think it would be fair to say he contributed to any unsavoury scenes that occurred as a result (either in the pitch or in the stands). 

Thats all I am saying, it was not just Brentford to blame.

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Less anger from their fans at Toney saying '**** Brentford' whilst still a Brentford player than towards Ollie today.

Less anger from our fans towards Toney when he threw up a Zulu sign at VP, than Brentford fans towards Ollie today.

They're clearly just one of the meltiest fan bases in the league. Alongside Spurs and Arsenal it seems.

And there you have it Cockneys…. 

I have never been a fan of Brentford (they got a lot of support on here when they were coming up) as they are another London club, which automatically gives them a sense of entitlement.

• Like 1

Ref Watch pundits thought Mee should’ve got a pen off McGinn when defending a corner. Idiots!

Jay Bothroyd seems a bit anti-villa this morning. Do we have history with him? I know he played for Cov and Wolves but wouldn’t think it’s that.

11 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I think part of what caused the bad temper and frustration on the side of the Brentford players is they had the win in the offing and they ****ed it.

and that they feel VAR cheated them out of a penalty and a red card

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Ref Watch pundits thought Mee should’ve got a pen off McGinn when defending a corner. Idiots!

Jay Bothroyd seems a bit anti-villa this morning. Do we have history with him? I know he played for Cov and Wolves but wouldn’t think it’s that.

If that was a pen, you’d have about 10-15 per game. It’s one of the most common examples of six-of-one shirt pulling in the box. Not a foul. 

• Like 1

I think it was a pen. If it was the other way around I'd want it given. Though, until they start consistently giving those types of fouls as pens, they will keep happening.

If they started giving penalties for all of those types of fouls then players would soon stop doing it. 

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I think it was a pen. If it was the other way around I'd want it given. Though, until they start consistently giving those types of fouls as pens, they will keep happening.

If they started giving penalties for all of those types of fouls then players would soon stop doing it. 

It’s a contact sport and they were both doing it. Never a pen imo.  Pen’s are given too easy these days, they should be the exception rather than the rule.

Â