Villan4Life

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

They've been significantly worse than expected but the bottom three are atrocious, and that three doesn't contain either of the teams likely to get points deductions. 

Brentford don't need to be good to be good enough this season. 

Personally, I think that does a disservice to Luton (although fair on the other two :D).  The points deductions will play a big part, but I think Brentford are right in the mix still - certainly as much as Everton are.

7 hours ago, bobzy said:

Personally, I think that does a disservice to Luton (although fair on the other two :D).  The points deductions will play a big part, but I think Brentford are right in the mix still - certainly as much as Everton are.

Luton have done well this season, better than baseline expectations, but they are scoring at 0.8 ppg. Even if they were to improve to 1 ppg, they'd get to 33 points, a total which Brentford need just 3 wins to beat, or 2 wins and 2 draws to level (with a better goal difference). But even then that's just Luton, if Forest and Everton both get points deductions they'll need to do better than 1 ppg to get to 33 as well, and all of those will probably need to happen to put Brentford in any danger. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, duke313 said:

This man disrespects Brentford in every single interview, and yet their fans were pissed at Ollie for having a go at an individual fan 😂

Delusional git, thinking a club like Madrid would be interested in him.

• Like 1

Brentford fans fall over themselves to defend him though. They have no problem with him wanting to leave and better himself. To a degree I get that but surely this is where agents can come in and get you a move behind the scenes without the need to talk about your desire to get away constantly. It’s just disrespectful and the fact that they don’t think so means they don’t belong in the premier league. Inferiority complex.

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Some of these Brentford lads would probably love to give Toney a night on their wife as a going away present

atgBFV9.png

It’s absolutely pathetic. I’m not saying they should be calling for his head but they can surely expect him to stfu about wanting to leave.

Have foolios watched the actual clip, he's obviously joking, he also says he wants Brendford win all their remaining games, keep nine clean-sheets, for him to score another twenty goals between now and the end of the season, and for England to win the Euros, his comment about joining Real Madrid was just him carrying on that over the top narrative

• Like 3

They are a victim of their own success. always been overachieving .But while they have stood still everyone else has bought better. The algorithm seems to be broken. Being hard to beat with quality on the break isn't enough any more in the Prem 

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

He's not even that good. Who would you rather have him or Watkins?

He is good but he's got a different skill set to Watkins. His touch, hold up play, ability to protect the ball is better. Can take a pen and a freekick as well. 

Toney playing in a poor team now and Watkins in a good one, think they are very similar. Watkins works harder, seems more likely to listen and take on tactical challenges. Need to see Toney at a top club, but Arsenal seem put off by his personality now, he'd do well for Man Utd.

50 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's still a weird thing to say. The whole world knows he wants to leave, he doesn't need to keep mentioning it in every interview. 

Maybe his agent is not getting him offers because he is a prick so needs keeps mentioning it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

He is good but he's got a different skill set to Watkins. His touch, hold up play, ability to protect the ball is better. Can take a pen and a freekick as well. 

Toney playing in a poor team now and Watkins in a good one, think they are very similar. Watkins works harder, seems more likely to listen and take on tactical challenges. Need to see Toney at a top club, but Arsenal seem put off by his personality now, he'd do well for Man Utd.

The personality would be a deal-breaker for me. As you say they've different styles, but in a parallel universe in which Toney isn't a word removed, it wouldn't be the end of the world if we ended up with him instead of Watkins. As it is, I'd be gutted. Reminds me of the dressing room of dickheads we had to purge while we were in the championship.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Maybe his agent is not getting him offers because he is a prick so needs keeps mentioning it

Maybe he's not getting offers because he's now gone 5 games without scoring and isn't offering much. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

They are a victim of their own success. always been overachieving .But while they have stood still everyone else has bought better. The algorithm seems to be broken. Being hard to beat with quality on the break isn't enough any more in the Prem 

Too many injuries really. Losing Rico Henry in September for the season was massive with how they play and they haven't had Hickey the other side for many months now. Mee for all the stick we give him on here is still a capable enough CB aswell. Upfront they were just about coping with Toney's absence when Mbuemo did his ligaments just before xmas so they're pretty weak on the counter now, not sure if he's back before the end of the season.

I thought they'd stay up comfortably but it could well be very right looking at the run in they have.

They remind me of a modern day crazy gang, dirty as feck but dressed up as this data driven/hipster club. Sky Sports absolutely love them to bits.

Edited by Villa_Vids

Â