Villan4Life

More angry at Ollie showing them ‚disrespect’ for pointing at one fan than Toney (a player who still plays for them) doing repeatedly disrespectful things towards them 

Weird bunch 

55 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

More angry at Ollie showing them ‚disrespect’ for pointing at one fan than Toney (a player who still plays for them) doing repeatedly disrespectful things towards them 

Weird bunch 

Mad that they've been paying his salary for eight months that he's made himself unavailable and as soon as he's back he is talking like he's too good for them. 

1 hour ago, Dale said:

Mad that they've been paying his salary for eight months that he's made himself unavailable and as soon as he's back he is talking like he's too good for them. 

He's not wrong though ;)

I don't think he'll be 'useless' but the conventional wisdom seems very sure that he's just going to slot back in perfectly like he was never away and while on one level I hope that's right (I have him on Draft FPL ;) ) I do wonder if it might be a tad harder than that. 

He's a massive word removed. 

Gets himself banned through gambling against his own team (his fault, no one elses) 

Ruins Brentford's chances of this season. 

While he is banned, non stop talks to the media about wanting to sign for a biggerclub, absolutely whoring himself out. 

Media are enabling him by treating this like a situation not of his own doing. 

Now he's in the papers again calling himself the big dog. 

He's treated Brentford and their fans so poorly after everything they have done for him. I hope they make it really difficult for him to eventually leave

15 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Never changes how Some fans of clubs  describe  all fans of other clubs.I will be at the game today and will be supporting my team as usual but won’t be joining in the circus surrounding Toneys return.Brentfords run of poor for has been down to a massive injury crisis,10 of the first team squad out injured apart from Toney who we didn’t miss when he was out for the last third of the season.Hope Toney scores a hat trick and get moved on for a big feee after the game.We are obviously not big enough for this “big dog”

You want a bet on it? :D

• Haha 1

I know lots of people in recovery, and I know that not everybody with an addiction is the same in recovery, but I’ll tell you one thing: Ivan Toney does not sound in interviews like somebody like who is recovering from gambling addiction. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

8 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Never changes how Some fans of clubs  describe  all fans of other clubs.I will be at the game today and will be supporting my team as usual but won’t be joining in the circus surrounding Toneys return.Brentfords run of poor for has been down to a massive injury crisis,10 of the first team squad out injured apart from Toney who we didn’t miss when he was out for the last third of the season.Hope Toney scores a hat trick and get moved on for a big feee after the game.We are obviously not big enough for this “big dog”

I don't think he's all that. 

If you somehow manage to rinse Arsenal or whoever for circa £70 million you should def do the deal. 

Not sure Frank will ultimately benefit from it as I reckon he'll be gone in the summer. Just seems the right time to part ways.  Brentford seem to want to play football now (as you did for most of our battles in the Championship) and I'm not sure he's the sort of bloke for that at the top level. 

Maupey and Mee. Players you could never get tired of punching in the face all day 

Another media tug fest over a player that has come back after breaking the rules and he is some sort of messiah! 

Even their manager rubs me up the wrong way, spunk trumpet! 

Brentford are the kind of club that will bring Mason Greenwood back to England... just a truly detestable club.

Ashley Williams (who in general is a decent pundit) arguing that it’s forest’s fault that the toney goal didn’t get disallowed because they didn’t complain about it. Since when are those the rules? Either it’s breaching the rules or it isn’t and if it’s the former then VaR has ample opportunity to rule it out  

• Thanks 1

On 20/01/2024 at 10:49, Brentfordnylons said:

What are your thoughts on said circus? The media coverage and the light show pre game was like it was a player coming back from a serious injury, rather than a ban. It's all in very bad taste personally 

Anybody see him move the ball about a metre to the right when he took that free kick. He even wiped some of that foam stuff on the grass where he moved it too. Wouldn't have scored from the original place, proper cheat.

As for being a gambling addict, he never was, just gets him off a hook a little, as it's supposedly mental health related.

46 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Anybody see him move the ball about a metre to the right when he took that free kick. He even wiped some of that foam stuff on the grass where he moved it too. Wouldn't have scored from the original place, proper cheat.

As for being a gambling addict, he never was, just gets him off a hook a little, as it's supposedly mental health related.

He said afterwards in an interview that no one would be talking about him moving the foam/ball if he hadn’t scored. Yeah, obviously mate.

He’s not the brightest is Ivan 

2 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

He said afterwards in an interview that no one would be talking about him moving the foam/ball if he hadn’t scored. Yeah, obviously mate.

He’s not the brightest is Ivan 

Talk about having an ego.

I still question his quality, no doubt he can take a penalty. But 69 appearances 33 goals, of that 3 free kicks and 11 penalties. 😮

• Like 1

Â