Villan4Life

9 hours ago, tomav84 said:

What are your thoughts on said circus? The media coverage and the light show pre game was like it was a player coming back from a serious injury, rather than a ban. It's all in very bad taste personally 

Not impressed by it at all but it’s typical of the current state of premier league football and the media.Trouble is a lot of fans crave for the attention and moan about it if it’s not directed at their club.All I would say is the hypocrisy of the moans about the ball being moved for the free kick and the bit of foam being extended.How many times are free kicks and throws taken from the right place that could affect play.or the penalty spot has been scuffed before a kick has been taken.For what it’s worth I along with my elderly mates who have been around the block and back didn’t contribute to any of the nonesense.Just find it amusing that the entitled Forrest fans moan about cheating when they got more to worry about than a moved ball.

• Like 3

Agreed! If Gibbs White had scored that free kick then the Forest fans would have been congratulating him for being smart. Also, how often does the defensive wall try and inch forward to close the distance? Pretty much every time a free kick is given close to the box...

Forest fans are rightly aggrieved, free-kick should be taken from where it's given, not from where it suits the free-kick taker, it would be a completely different game if players could choose to take set-pieces from where they please with impunity.

And obviously what Toney did is much worse than taking a throw-in from the wrong place, which is annoying enough, especially when referees ignore it, because he's gaining a much bigger advantage, and also it was more devious.

Not saying vilify Big Dog because of it, but the goal should have been disallowed by VAR

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Forest fans are rightly aggrieved, free-kick should be taken from where it's given, not from where it suits the free-kick taker, it would be a completely different game if players could choose to take set-pieces from where they please with impunity.

And obviously what Toney did is much worse than taking a throw-in from the wrong place, which is annoying enough, especially when referees ignore it, because he's gaining a much bigger advantage, and also it was more devious.

Not saying vilify Big Dog because of it, but the goal should have been disallowed by VAR

Taking it from a half yard away is ok IF it’s before the wall and the GK are set. He shouldn’t have been allowed to move the ball away from the foam line.

Another chapter in the book of terrible refereeing.

• Like 1

Weirdly the fact he moves the ball doesn't really bother me too much. Players do that all the time.

What bothers me more is the fact he moved the vanishing spray. I feel the goal should have been disallowed for that more so than the moving of the ball. It doesn't really make much sense why I feel that way. It's like next level shithousery to con the ref I guess. 

• Like 1

It's quite obvious he will be an Arsenal player within the next 6/7 months, hence suddenly he's now being given the "Darwin Nunez" Sky Sports treatment. It's all a ruse to raise his profile for his "Big money move to a top club".

Same happened with Grealish, with us he was genuinely top 3/4 players on earth for 6 months, yet completely ignored. As soon as City were interested in him he was touted as the next Gazza.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Weirdly the fact he moves the ball doesn't really bother me too much. Players do that all the time.

What bothers me more is the fact he moved the vanishing spray. I feel the goal should have been disallowed for that more so than the moving of the ball. It doesn't really make much sense why I feel that way. It's like next level shithousery to con the ref I guess. 

Quite true but I don't think he will get away with it again whilst players get away with diving and faking a head injury all the time. 

On 22/01/2024 at 04:47, Brentfordnylons said:

Just find it amusing that the entitled Forrest fans moan about cheating when they got more to worry about than a moved ball.

What a ridiculous argument. Forest should not complain about being cheated (by an absolute scumbag of a player) because they have more to worry about??

You are really saying that you are only able to complain about being cheated if you have absolutely no other worries? And to complain about being cheated makes you "entitled"?

Riiiiiiight. OK 

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

What a ridiculous argument. Forest should not complain about being cheated (by an absolute scumbag of a player) because they have more to worry about??

You are really saying that you are only able to complain about being cheated if you have absolutely no other worries? And to complain about being cheated makes you "entitled"?

Riiiiiiight. OK 

I don’t think it’s cheating it’s all part of the present state of the game whether  it’s feigning  injury, calling for a throw or corner when you know it’s not yours or even not retreating the full 10 yards for a free kick ect.Forrest have continued to break FFP rules going back to the Championship.

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Pinch of salt, Sky reporting that their owner is looking to sell control for £400m 

might be worth Toney placing a bet on it tbh.

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Pinch of salt, Sky reporting that their owner is looking to sell control for £400m 

I think that's where teams like Brighton and Brentford eventually fall down.

Go back a decade and Southampton and Swansea were in their place in the prem. Both those teams had a change of ownership structure when they were riding high in prem and a few years later you get poor value signings and random managerial appointments and both dropped down the league very quickly.

What Brentford do currently is brilliant but eventually a new ownership will want to tweak things and if some of those decisions go wrong it's very easy to be in a serious relegation battle.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I think that's where teams like Brighton and Brentford eventually fall down.

Go back a decade and Southampton and Swansea were in their place in the prem. Both those teams had a change of ownership structure when they were riding high in prem and a few years later you get poor value signings and random managerial appointments and both dropped down the league very quickly.

What Brentford do currently is brilliant but eventually a new ownership will want to tweak things and if some of those decisions go wrong it's very easy to be in a serious relegation battle.

I think you are right about what can happen with new owners and could very well happen to us.I have always thought we had a short shelf life in the Premier League and have lasted longer than I thought.Benham stopped putting money into the club while we were in the championship and through excellent transfer business there was no need.However to compete in the PL for top 6 you need to have the finances way beyond his reach and let’s be honest what’s the point just aiming for survival every season it’s boring and I’d rather be in the championship going for promotion or play offs ok you still end up back there but at least you have some excitement.Bet Southampton and Leicester fans are enjoying this season compared to their last years in the PL.

1 hour ago, Brentfordnylons said:

I think you are right about what can happen with new owners and could very well happen to us.I have always thought we had a short shelf life in the Premier League and have lasted longer than I thought.Benham stopped putting money into the club while we were in the championship and through excellent transfer business there was no need.However to compete in the PL for top 6 you need to have the finances way beyond his reach and let’s be honest what’s the point just aiming for survival every season it’s boring and I’d rather be in the championship going for promotion or play offs ok you still end up back there but at least you have some excitement.Bet Southampton and Leicester fans are enjoying this season compared to their last years in the PL.

Think more long term issue is it goes the other way and drop back to league 1 as could well happen to Stoke this season. Just six years ago they were completing their tenth successive season in the premier league.

Know for long serving fans that isn't an issue as they can recall being in league 2 and so loving regularly beating Chelsea and the other London clubs but for the new fans who only know top end championship challenges and Premier league that will be a more difficult sell.

Have no issue with Brentford anyway (other than how annoying you are to actually beat season in season out 😉) and don't think there's any imminent danger of relegation just yet.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, they're not gonna go down this season with Toney fit. 

The question will be how they replace him this summer. 

They’ve already signed his replacement 

1 hour ago, mole86 said:

They’ve already signed his replacement 

A Brazilian striker from Club Brugge that played in a smaller European league before. That sounds familiar

At least Ben Mee can only crock him in training

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ben Mee out for the season. I'm sure he can look forward to a call from Wesley wishing him a speedy recovery.

On 21/02/2024 at 23:13, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, they're not gonna go down this season with Toney fit. 

The question will be how they replace him this summer. 

They're right in the mix to be honest.  It's an interesting fixture list before they play back-to-back-to-back matches in the relegation battle.

Chelsea (H), Arsenal (A), Burnley (A), Man Utd (H), Brighton (H), Villa (A), Sheff Utd (H), Luton (A), Everton (A)

They've played some tough games, but only have 3 wins in their last 13 games and 1 since Toney has been back - which was the controversial win against Forest.  

47 minutes ago, bobzy said:

They're right in the mix to be honest.  It's an interesting fixture list before they play back-to-back-to-back matches in the relegation battle.

Chelsea (H), Arsenal (A), Burnley (A), Man Utd (H), Brighton (H), Villa (A), Sheff Utd (H), Luton (A), Everton (A)

They've played some tough games, but only have 3 wins in their last 13 games and 1 since Toney has been back - which was the controversial win against Forest.  

They've been significantly worse than expected but the bottom three are atrocious, and that three doesn't contain either of the teams likely to get points deductions. 

Brentford don't need to be good to be good enough this season. 

Â