Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Successful appeal just announced. 

Some brown envelopes may be involved. 

Yeah, expect him to have had another infection a week before the French Open too, or whatever it takes to circumvent the rules with a bullshit infection and fabricated test result from his highly paid personal doctor. 

He's just become the anti vax pin up boy. Freedom fighter. 

So either he did everything right for the visa, but went to an event and posed at close quarters with mostly kids, or he tried to game the system and has been rightfully found out.

It's not great either way for him is it?

• Like 1

From a very personnel point of view,  I have a grandchild in Australia (Perth) that I have never met.  I am boosted Covid and all that stuff.  Covid = no Australia for a while.

There are possibly millions of people in the same sort of situation,  maybe worse if family is dying and stuff.

He's basically taking the **** out of everyone and get a lot of money and free publicity for it.  He can't really lose now whatever happens.

I hope he doesn't snap his Achilles jumping on the new bed in his new hotel the pin head word removed.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

he did everything right for the visa, but went to an event and posed at close quarters with mostly kid

This. It's what he seems to have done.

Reading the transcript of his interview with immigration control, he does appear to have done things right in terms of his visa and wotnot (and they appear to have been words removed). But mixing with people, unmasked, while positive for Covid is a weapon move.

There's absolutely no-one comes out of this looking good.

21 minutes ago, blandy said:

This. It's what he seems to have done.

Reading the transcript of his interview with immigration control, he does appear to have done things right in terms of his visa and wotnot (and they appear to have been words removed). But mixing with people, unmasked, while positive for Covid is a weapon move.

There's absolutely no-one comes out of this looking good.

I haven't read the transcript myself. Did he say he did the positive test that day (and could possibly have received the results from it after the event?) or did he say he got the positive result before the event?

38 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I haven't read the transcript myself. Did he say he did the positive test that day (and could possibly have received the results from it after the event?) or did he say he got the positive result before the event?

Either way, the guidance is that if you're taking a test, or you're not sure, isolate the **** away until you know. It's irrelevant whether the test took place that day or whether he got the result. If he's waiting for test result, stay the **** home.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Either way, the guidance is that if you're taking a test, or you're not sure, isolate the **** away until you know. It's irrelevant whether the test took place that day or whether he got the result. If he's waiting for test result, stay the **** home.

Possibly true but I suspect a person in his position would likely be taking them very frequently/regularly. Rather than being a case of him thinking he might be sick so took a test to find out but didn't wait for the result, it could plausibly be that he had recently had a negative result on his previous test and had no symptoms when he went to the social event, then found out about the latest positive test after the fact.  

I'm not some sort of Djokovic fan but am interested in finding out his side of the story before adding myself to the pile on 😁 

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

He got the results before the event with the kids. I saw the transcript on that there titter (which I can't see on my work computer). I think I recall reading somewhere he got the result of the test a few hours (6?) after he took it on 16 Dec.

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, blandy said:

He got the results before the event with the kids. I saw the transcript on that there titter (which I can't see on my work computer). I think I recall reading somewhere he got the result of the test a few hours (6?) after he took it on 16 Dec.

That's pretty poor form. 

22 hours ago, sidcow said:

Aren't they like 150 years out of date now? Not sure they should be ruling on a modern pandemic. 

He appealed the verdict and is now allowed to defend his title.Court ruled today.

Â