Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Its not how you treat a sporting hero because he just wants to enter the country to play in their most prestigious tennis tournament which he has graced so many times and raised the level of that tournament. 

Allow me to apologise on behalf of Australia Mr.Djokovic

…Sporting hero, good grief 🙄

• Like 3

For someone that really dislikes him I'm suprised Nick kyrgios has took his side 

"Look I definitely believe in taking action - I got vaccinated because of others and for my mum's health," he wrote on Twitter.

"But how we are handling Novak's situation is bad, really bad. Do better."

5 hours ago, PaulC said:

Doesnt exactly look like a luxury hotel room hes staying in.  It's 100% entirely his own fault but it seems very strange that a man thats has won 9 Australian opens to be treated this way. 

I've fixed that for you. 

16 hours ago, PaulC said:

Its not how you treat a sporting hero because he just wants to enter the country to play in their most prestigious tennis tournament which he has graced so many times and raised the level of that tournament. 

Hero? 😂

A little perspective is needed here.

He really does himself no favours, it's being reported that he wants his personal chef aloud in. Whilst I get he is a top athlete with a set diet, surely they can make him something acceptable for extra monies, twatt. He is a PR disaster.

So now he had an infection a couple of weeks ago. 

No doubt his legal team have been all over the rules to find a loophole and his highly paid doctor will now miraculously produce a test result. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Tested positive recently so that’s his exemption. Hate him and the simps that defend him. Massive massive word removed. 

Its a valid example according to Australian rules. the reason that he has not been allowed entry is because of public opinion.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Its a valid example according to Australian rules. the reason that he has not been allowed entry is because of public opinion.  

Are you sure? 

I've not seen any suggestion before that he had a recent infection which suggests it's a new defence that's suddenly been thrown into the mix by strange coincidence when his first reasons were not meeting the rules. 

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Are you sure? 

I've not seen any suggestion before that he had a recent infection which suggests it's a new defence that's suddenly been thrown into the mix by strange coincidence when his first reasons were not meeting the rules. 

It does seem strange that his team have suddenly come up with this I must admit. Hes so desperate to win his 21st slam and Australia represents he best chance of doing it, maybe he will go to any extreme to participate.  

Will there be fans in the stands at the tournament or is it empty stadiums?

Feels like it will be almost impossible to keep the fans quiet if he was allowed to play. 

Rumbled. Prick.

5 hours ago, PaulC said:

It does seem strange that his team have suddenly come up with this I must admit. Hes so desperate to win his 21st slam and Australia represents he best chance of doing it, maybe he will go to any extreme to participate.  

One extreme he could’ve gone to in order to compete would’ve been getting vaccinated even though it’s against his moronic beliefs.

• Like 1

Â