Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

God, come on you aussie tennis sports fans. Don't you dare let us down. Next Mon or tuesday am uk time, **** destroy the bastard, boo every touch of the racket. cheer any unforced error etc, make his life grim. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rodders said:

God, come on you aussie tennis sports fans. Don't you dare let us down. Next Mon or tuesday am uk time, **** destroy the bastard, boo every touch of the racket. cheer any unforced error etc, make his life grim. 

Would be immense if he went out in the first round. 

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Would be immense if he went out in the first round. 

I hope he wins it (I'm not interested in tennis, really).

He's done nothing wrong in terms of being there. Yes, he seems to be a plonker in terms of vaccines and infections, but he had a valid medical clearance to play and to enter Victoria. He's pretty much the victim in this.

Here's the transcript of his border control interview I mentioned in an earlier post pdf 

As noted on the thread posted earlier, the timeline doesn’t really make sense. 

He needed his visa on the 10th but only got his infection on the 16th. What did he say on his visa application? And as the guy asks, what was his plan if he didn’t get an infection? Was he going to find someone to infect him?

The claim that the QR code originally linked to a result showing a negative test is also interesting but not really provable if it now says positive (though the fact that it’s written on a green background instead of red is perhaps suspicious). 

It’s going to be an interesting tournament 😁

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, blandy said:

I hope he wins it (I'm not interested in tennis, really).

He's done nothing wrong in terms of being there. Yes, he seems to be a plonker in terms of vaccines and infections, but he had a valid medical clearance to play and to enter Victoria. He's pretty much the victim in this.

Here's the transcript of his border control interview I mentioned in an earlier post pdf 

That depends on if you buy the story that he did have a very convenient infection on 16th December.  I choose not to.

Edited by sidcow

18 minutes ago, sidcow said:

That depends on if you buy the story that he did have a very convenient infection on 16th December.  I choose not to.

I posted a twitter of his PCR test result notification form this morning (previous page). 

2 hours ago, blandy said:

On the phone now

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He is an idiot, and not for a second do I believe he had an infection in December.

But, that's not what the Aussie court was looking into, and the case must have been dismissed - anything else would also be a joke.

It a competition of who is more stupid, a tennis player who is obviously lying, or the Aussie government trying to make a point and falling on their own sword.

If the guy brought proof of previous infection, what else was the court  supposed to do? 

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

that's not what the Aussie court was looking into, and the case must have been dismissed - anything else would also be a joke.

It a competition of who is more stupid, a tennis player who is obviously lying, or the Aussie government trying to make a point and falling on their own sword.

If the guy brought proof of previous infection, what else was the court  supposed to do? 

So he's presented proof to the court, but he's obviously lying?

And he presented proof to the court because it was part of the relevant information for the court to consider.

His being holed up in a grotty hotel for a few days is poor prep for him to play tennis.

1 minute ago, blandy said:

So he's presented proof to the court, but he's obviously lying?

And he presented proof to the court because it was part of the relevant information for the court to consider.

His being holed up in a grotty hotel for a few days is poor prep for him to play tennis.

Well, maybe I'm jumping I to conclusions. I don't know if he tested positive. He has proof that he has.

I personally don't think he did, unless he is a dick walking around spreading COVID during events.

But the point is, evidence was there - so they had to release him.

The Australian gov is very harsh when it comes to COVID. The cynic in me this they just tried to get some brownie points for "fighting against an antivaxxer" and it backfired badly.

Question is what next - should they take his visa in spite of the court ruling? Surely that's not a good look?

Just now, Mic09 said:

he is a dick walking around spreading COVID during events

This.

As for what next, let him play, IMO - he's no/low risk in terms of Covid. Fit, healthy with virus antibodies.

This is politics, not sport. 

• Like 2

Â