Relegation thread

Knutserov13

In some ways, we have absolutely bottled it this season. Just think, if we had picked up just two wins as opposed to 0 in the last 10 we would be sitting quite pretty. We were safe and we've **** it right up.

Edited by R.Bear

Really is a depressing club at the moment, never thought we'd turn into one of these pointless yo-yo clubs that never really do anything but go down and come back up to fight relegation and then go back down again and rinse and repeat.

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

We really are such a depressing club.

The last 10 years must have been the worst 10 years this club has ever had. Not one good season (the promotion doesnt count), no trophies, endless embarrassment on and off the pitch and some of worst results, performances and managers in AVFC history.

Edited by R.Bear
  • Like 2

I got plenty of shit in the match thread but I just don't care about the Prem one single bit and I'm quite looking forward to the Championship. It genuinely makes football completely miserable for me, can't remember the last time I enjoyed it. What on earth is the point in that? 

• Like 2

Only slim hope we have of surviving now is bringing in a new manager and hoping that they can make an immediate impact, trouble is I doubt that anyone would take it just for four games knowing that it would need a miracle to keep us up and the damage it could do to their reputation, so the only options would be those that would be willing to work in the championship and could take charge at short notice, so it's almost impossible to do.

35 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Saw this and you could hardly argue against it really:

Bang on the money, we truly have been shit for so long, sometimes the Championship makes us look good. Probably our level

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Saw this and you could hardly argue against it really:

I could happily argue with Francis Coyle. Who the hell does he think he is, talking s**t about our football club? It's only us that are entitled to do that! 😠

• Haha 1

If's and But's (updated)

Not the best start. But a game we were always likely to lose in all honesty.

Watford to beat Norwich ✅

West Ham to draw to Burnley - lost ✅

Tottenham to beat Bournemouth - draw ❎

Villa to draw to Man U - lost ❎

16 - West Ham - 31 points

17 - Watford - 31 points

18 - Bournemouth - 28 points

19 - Aston Villa - 27 points

If's and But's

Many games have been called must win's over the years.

However Sunday's game is a must win in every sense of the word.

Watford to draw to Newcastle

West Ham to beat Norwich

Bournemouth to lose to Leicester

Aston Villa to beat Crystal Palace

16 - West Ham - 34 points

17 - Watford - 32 points

18 - Aston Villa - 30 points

19 - Bournemouth - 28 points

• Like 4

Forget this season , next season I want double figures against small heath and the state their in its quite possible.

Whatever we are , we are always better than 99.9%  of the clubs in English football. Form is temporary, class lasts .UTV 

11 hours ago, R.Bear said:

We have to accept now that we're a nothing club really. Holding onto the "Proud history" bollocks means nothing and counts for nothing. No-one respects us anymore and we dont deserve any either.

Football really is an amazing thing. Nothing else in life would you tolerate so much misery and come back for more the next day. At least in a bad marriage you can get divorced. All of us are stuck with this team for life. I agree with Farlz above, I'm not interested in getting promoted to have a season like this again, or a 15-16. Or become relegation fodder every year like rats trying to survive. I dont see how anyone would enjoy that or get anything out of it. Sadly, that seems the only foreseeable future atm and that's if things go well.

Good - I'm glad you're letting the entitlement go and starting to look at things from a more realistic perspective. 

The European Cup we won may as well be tied around our neck as we drown, the fat **** lot of good it does. 

For me the Crystal Palace game is a must win, regardless of any other results that happen around us. If we can’t win this game then it’s over for us. This must be the springboard we’ve all waited for. If it isn’t we’ll be diving into an empty pool.