Relegation thread

Knutserov13

Ok, bored at work and nervous about tonight...

Relegation;

Worst case scenario is both West Ham and Watford beat Norwich and Newcastle respectively then draw with each other. We would either need to overhaul 8 points + GD so, 3 wins or 2 wins and 3 draws from our remaining 5.

The above scenario but with a positive result in the game where they play each other would mean we need to overall 7 points + GD - So 2 wins and 2 draws.

Best case scenario though is they both lose their next match and there is a positive result when they play each other. In that scenario we would be 4 points + GD behind, so effectively 5 points - 1 win 2 draws. 

Again, if they both lost but then drew with each other we would need to overturn 5 points + GD - So would need 2 wins or 1 win and 3 draws.

My scenarios also presume that West Ham lose to Man Utd and/or Watford lose to both Man City and Arsenal which to be fair isn't inconceivable. 

There are obviously other conundrums to all this but the bottom line is when Watford play West Ham it will prove fruitful for our chances if the match doesn't end in a tie. We also will be "cheering on" the team who has more points going into this fixture. IE if West Ham beat Norwich and Watford draw with Newcastle, we need West Ham then to beat Watford to keep the target points tally down, but obviously this is common sense :) 

Also this doesn't take into account the results of Bournemouth who can't be completely ruled out, though they have looked worse than us recently and have Leicester and Man City still to play (after Spurs tonight) so fingers crossed they're not even in the discussion and we are by the time we travel to the Olympic Stadium.

Anyway, is it 8.15 PM yet.......

In these situations it has to be down to us.....its what we do in themain that counts.

I fear, we are searching for something we have lacked all season, fight and desire......I can't see us stumbling across it in the next 5 games.

we have made our bed and we have to lie on it.

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Fixed for you. 

There's some garbage teams in this division and they've all managed to beat at least 1 of the big clubs, we haven't. We have been leading against them and thrown it away plenty of times though and that surely says something about smiths in game management. 

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Tonights a write off imo.

To stand any chance we need a win Saturday and for Newcastle to do us a huge favour.

I can see neither happening.

Nah we took a point off them before, we can do it again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

And yet other teams with poor squads have been able to beat the top teams from time to time?

EDIT - rephrase.

Big weakness of the season I agree.

I don't think anyone above us has a worse squad than us though.

Edited by Tomaszk

18 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

EDIT - rephrase.

Big weakness of the season I agree.

I don't think anyone above us has a worse squad than us though.

Disagree.

Both games against Newcastle we've looked comfortably the better side.

Smith isn't getting the most out of his players on a consistent basis. As simple as that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but the 2 defeats to Bournemouth in particular is sore. 

This the nature of the Spurs loss, the Arsenal throwaway and the Crystal Palace Travesty are the ones that stick out in my mind as major blows. Both from a points and psychological perspective. 

• Like 1