Relegation thread

Knutserov13

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

I can’t believe anyone is even contemplating drawing with Man Utd. They will totally steamroller us. 

I think we’ll give them a game, hopefully we’ll win something out of it too.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PaddytheVillan said:

Unfortunately Spam still have Norwich so that's basically another guaranteed 3 points. The unexpected Chelsea win put them out of reach. And deservedly so- we'd never get a win like that. 

It’s not guaranteed, Watford were almost going to bottle it. But ofcourse they’re likely to win. But even a draw would be huge for us. 
If Watford and West Ham failed to win (preferbly lost) then that would give us a huge advantage going into the last couple of games. They’ll play each other then 2 hard games for Watford, one hard one for West Ham then they play us. 

West Ham will still stay up, I think it’s us Bournemouth and Norwich going down. Norwich are pretty much there, Bournemouth can’t seem to get out of their mess and whilst we are showing some fight .. truth is we as a whole from manager to player aren’t good enough for this league. 

We need 8 points IMO to stay up looking at the fixtures. Remaining fixtures:

West Ham

Norwich (a)
Watford
Man Utd (a)
Aston Villa

Watford

Newcastle
West Ham(a)
Man City
Arsenal (a)

Bournemouth

Spurs
Leicester
Man City (a)
Saints
Everton (a)

The worst is over when we get Man Utd out of the way.

Crystal Palace

Arsenal

Everton

West Ham

None of these games should send fear into anyone.

Palace actually looks quite solid. Arsenal and Everton have looked a mixed bag since the break. West Ham looked ok.

It's a real simple job. Beat Palace, Everton and West Ham and we stay up. It's as simple as that.

15 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Aunt. Balls. Uncle.

If your Aunt gets a pair of balls then she will be your Uncle technically, yes.

You can’t use that analogy for a future event that has every likelihood of occurring, can you? Nope.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, omariqy said:

West Ham

Norwich (a)
Watford
Man Utd (a)
Aston Villa

Watford

Newcastle
West Ham(a)
Man City
Arsenal (a)

Bournemouth

Spurs
Leicester
Man City (a)
Saints
Everton (a)

This weekend is massive. It could be all over for us. 
We need Norwich and Newcastle to hold West Ham and Watford. We have the smallest of chances if this happens. If both win, we're done. 

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This weekend is massive. It could be all over for us. 
We need Norwich and Newcastle to hold West Ham and Watford. We have the smallest of chances if this happens. If both win, we're done. 

If we beat Everton, Palace and West Ham we're not done.

But we simply won't do that.

Edited by villalad21

27 minutes ago, omariqy said:

West Ham

Norwich (a)
Watford
Man Utd (a)
Aston Villa

Watford

Newcastle
West Ham(a)
Man City
Arsenal (a)

Bournemouth

Spurs
Leicester
Man City (a)
Saints
Everton (a)

Watford and West Ham will know that they need to get 4-6 points from their next two games or they are in trouble. 

We just need to be contention by the time we play West Ham. I think we need to pick up a big win some time, maybe tonight?

14 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I agree, though they have a few other players with the tools to hurt us.

But that aside, we're too nice, I don't think we've anyone in the squad who's got that bit of nastiness in them. 

It never ceases to amaze me how the club have not picked up on this.....I say club,

because i have no idea who is in charge of stuff like this, anymore.

even up front, no aggression.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

West Ham will still stay up, I think it’s us Bournemouth and Norwich going down. Norwich are pretty much there, Bournemouth can’t seem to get out of their mess and whilst we are showing some fight .. truth is we as a whole from manager to player aren’t good enough for this league. 

Summed up perfectly.

Saw Cahill did his hamstring in the Chelsea game so I presume he might be out so that should weaken Palace defence.

We simply have to win that. We've had other must wins like Sheffield and particularly Newcastle but there was still 5-6 games left after that. Once Palace is done there's just 9 points available and we're already 4 behind 17th now so time will have pretty much run out.

2 hours ago, Herman22 said:

Watford and West Ham will know that they need to get 4-6 points from their next two games or they are in trouble. 

Unfortunately,our lot ( players and manager ) should have come to that conclusion looong ago and done something about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Saw Cahill did his hamstring in the Chelsea game so I presume he might be out so that should weaken Palace defence.

We simply have to win that. We've had other must wins like Sheffield and particularly Newcastle but there was still 5-6 games left after that. Once Palace is done there's just 9 points available and we're already 4 behind 17th now so time will have pretty much run out.

We need to approach it with the mindset that the next game is the one to win. That's all you can do. Can't look a week or 2 down the road. We get walloped tonight we could be deflated for Palace. We've a game tonight. That's it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KH** said:

My feeling is if we get nothing from Palace, it’s game over 

I think if we get beaten tonight it's realistically going to be very hard. We'll need 8 points from 4 games as we have an inferior goal difference to Watford and West Ham. I think both of those have another win in them so even if all 3 of us land on 34, we'll go down.