Relegation thread

Knutserov13

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I love the optimism, but I just don't see it. I don't think we'll have 7 shots on target for the rest of the season, never mind 7 points.

I think our season will be over by 16:00 tomorrow sadly. A Watford win today, a turgid, half-arsed loss tomorrow, and that'll be it.

Yep. Looking at how easy it is to demoralise our players, the fact that Watford and WHU will be 7 points clear of us by the time we play PALACE will mean they'll just give up. 

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

Genuinely curious to see if watford lose and villa win tomorrow what the reaction on here is.

I'm guessing cautiously more positive but still realistic about our chances.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Genuinely curious to see if watford lose and villa win tomorrow what the reaction on here is.

I would be excited as fack.

Would make the Everton game very, very interesting and something to look forward to.

54 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I love the optimism, but I just don't see it. I don't think we'll have 7 shots on target for the rest of the season, never mind 7 points.

I think our season will be over by 16:00 tomorrow sadly. A Watford win today, a turgid, half-arsed loss tomorrow, and that'll be it.

To be fair we could get 7 points with only 2 shots on target in 4 games...I mean obviously we won't, because that would require 3 clean sheets and us being clinical in front of goal, but technically it's possible 

If Watford were to lose and we were to win then obviosly it would get everyone's hopes up again and might even give the team a second wind, especially knowing that a win against Everton would see us climb out of the bottom three regardless of what happens in the West Ham v Watford game.

Trouble is can't see Watford not winning, and it's hard to have any confidence in us beating Palace.

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Could well be all over in two hours time.

West Ham/Watford double is barely 3/1.

I've had a treble with Brentford. It's one bet that I'd love to lose.

• Like 1