Relegation thread

Knutserov13

7 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

For me the Crystal Palace game is a must win, regardless of any other results that happen around us. If we can’t win this game then it’s over for us. This must be the springboard we’ve all waited for. If it isn’t we’ll be diving into an empty pool. 

While we're still in with a chance, we have to try. If we start that game like we did against United, we're definitely in with a shot. 

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

While we're still in with a chance, we have to try. If we start that game like we did against United, we're definitely in with a shot. 

I've said if we played like we started in our last 3 matches for the majority of the season, we beat/draw most teams in the league.

I just hope they are not already destroyed by the last few results.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've said if we played like we started in our last 3 matches for the majority of the season, we beat/draw most teams in the league.

I just hope they are not already destroyed by the last few results.

Only one way to find out, bro. 

• Like 1

We could lost to Palace and find ourselves still four points from safety, or we could beat them and still be four points from safety, and we could draw and close the gap to three points. Would be nice to have a weekend where everything goes right for us for once, West Ham, Bournemouth and Watford all losing and us winning.

I think Newcastle have downed tools now though, and I don't think them and Bruce will be motivated to do us a favor can see Watford winning that one, and West Ham should beat Norwich, so even if we do beat Palace, we're still likely to be four points adrift, although it would be better psychologically to be four points adrft after winning rather than after losing.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

We could lost to Palace and find ourselves still four points from safety, or we could beat them and still be four points from safety, and we could draw and close the gap to three points. Would be nice to have a weekend where everything goes right for us for once, West Ham, Bournemouth and Watford all losing and us winning.

I think Newcastle have downed tools now though, and I don't think them and Bruce will be motivated to do us a favor can see Watford winning that one, and West Ham should beat Norwich, so even if we do beat Palace, we're still likely to be four points adrift, although it would be better psychologically to be four points adrft after winning rather than after losing.

Agree, we quite simply have to beat Palace regardless of what happens elsewhere 

Edited by Follyfoot

21 minutes ago, lexicon said:

If we start that game like we did against United, we're definitely in with a shot. 

We would actually need to get a few shots on goal to have any different outcome to that first 20 minutes.

12 hours ago, Farlz said:

I got plenty of shit in the match thread but I just don't care about the Prem one single bit and I'm quite looking forward to the Championship. It genuinely makes football completely miserable for me, can't remember the last time I enjoyed it. What on earth is the point in that? 

From what I can remember of our stay in the Championship, the majority of our games there were in no way enjoyable. It was totally depressing.

• Like 2

We could actually draw all four of our remainin games and still stay up, our goal difference would stay at minus 29, so we'd need Watford to lose all their games and for their goal difference to get worse by seven goals, which is possible if they're losing all four of their remaining games and bearing in mind their last one is against Man City.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

We could actually draw all four of our remainin games and still stay up, our goal difference would stay at minus 29, so we'd need Watford to lose all their games and for their goal difference to get worse by seven goals, which is possible if they're losing all four of their remaining games and bearing in mind their last one is against Man City.

TOP DEFINITION

clutching at straws

Out of desparation, the act of reaching or stretching for a solution, no matter how irrational or inconsequential.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

From what I can remember of our stay in the Championship, the majority of our games there were in no way enjoyable. It was totally depressing.

Different strokes and all, but I can't agree with this. I actually went to matches in the Championship, and we won quite a large proportion of them. I had a better time over those three years than I have done at any other point in the last 10.

• Like 1

Over the last 7 games we are the worst team in the league, just tipping out Bournemouth on GD.

But since the other clubs have only played 6 games since the restart we are 19th in that ranking since Norwich have lost every single game.

6 games played since the restart. 0 wins, 2 draws and 4 losses. 2-9 and minus 7 in goal difference.

That is pathetic.

Edited by sne
Edited: Had the Leicester game in there but that was pre restart.
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

I don’t mean to sound patronising but I think this is kinda stating the obvious.

It was meant in a kind of Ron manager type statement and I can imagine Smith saying it to the players 👍

Watford

Newcastle D

West Ham L/D

City L

Arsenal L

Bournemouth

Leicester L

City L

Southampton D

Everton D

Leaves us 6 points to find.....7 If West Ham/Watford is a draw

I just cant see it - Desperately need Norwich/Newcastle results tomorrow