Generic Virus Thread

villakram

I fully expect Nick Robinson to be the next BBC journalist to be reprimanded. Telling the truth is no longer authorised.

This government are just a disgrace. It's beyond belief. Four and a half more years of these fraudsters harming our nation must not be tolerated. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Agreed, but the Government are fighting a losing battle with lockdown measures at the minute. People who want to meet up will meet and that has been the way for a few weeks now. 

The weather hasn't helped... if it had been winter, I think people would have abided by the advice more. 

The english response has been to deliberately creat a collapse in lockdown measures, politically lead by Johnson and Cummings. Whatever their reasons, personal boredom or short sighted (no pun intended) fear for the economy they have decided it’s over and they have lead by example.

Elsewhere, the political will and guidance still exists and lockdown holds.

This is a picture from a couple of weeks back, but it’s how it looked today when I took shopping over my parents. 

EYoRByeWoAAbJUL?format=jpg&name=large

If the government doesn’t want piss heads on the beach, they can stop it.

Fair play to Johnson, he’s actually managing to make Mark Drakeford look like a leader, and that’s not an easy task.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I fully expect Nick Robinson to be the next BBC journalist to be reprimanded. Telling the truth is no longer authorised.

This government are just a disgrace. It's beyond belief. Four and a half more years of these fraudsters harming our nation must not be tolerated. 

I believe it all stems from Trump. He has gaslit the world and so the Tw8s in the Tory party think "if he can get away with it then so can we." 

I'm sure they are also emboldened by the fact that people can't take to the streets and demand Cummings resignation.

• Like 1

I'm going to play golf on Saturday and predict hitting the ball the furthest I've ever done because I'm going to imagine it is Johnson's stupid fat blond head. 

He and his cronies in the cabinet have proved beyond doubt that what the public thinks means absolutely nothing. 

Here's one for you all. Imagine things heat up between China & USA and Donald Numpty decides to drop a nuke on them and wanted to fire it from here, could you imagine Boris Dumbass saying no? Not saying they have nukes here or would want to but just picture the scenario. BJ wouldn't give a toss what the public think as long as the puppet master says do it. 

So we're easing lockdown when this Wednesday's official death toll was higher than the previous Wednesday and todays was higher than the previous Thursday

The death toll is going back up!

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

So we're easing lockdown when this Wednesday's official death toll was higher than the previous Wednesday and todays was higher than the previous Thursday

Follow the science.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snowychap said:

Denied vociferously at the Liaison Committee. That committee is so important, and Johnson needs to have his feet held over the fire to attend at least the minimum necessary. He doesn't handle questions well, so gets caught in lies and making promises he doesn't want to commit to.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

What’s the worst that can happen?

2 hours ago, snowychap said:

This is no surprise at all. My wife is a care home manager and her director said they were doing this in some of his homes back in March. It took the media a long time to catch on but they got there in the end. 

Let’s be honest, a lot of people are already breaking the rules. Last few nights when I’ve been out walking I’ve seen quite a few groups of people out. None were observing social distance rules and there were even a large group playing football. This weekend will just get worse. Then throw in the allowed in the garden rule, this will correlate in going into peoples houses (if you’re drinking you’ll need the toilet). It could go two ways, either we have a massive second spike and it will cause a second lockdown. Or it will be be “forgotten” about in the sense that people will still die, but others will just carry on with their lives (like other diseases). 

I must admit, the initial slight relaxing of rules meaning that I can meet a friend/family member (I’ve slightly broke the rule and met both parents together as they are in same household anyway) on a walk has been nice. I’ve kept distance from everyone, but it’s nice actually seeing someone and having a proper chat with people.

My oldest and best mate back in England has had enough of the lying scumbags and is determined to get involved and run for something. He is a plumber, works part time teaching plumbing at a college but he says he just can't stand by anymore without doing anything.

His words "even if I just end up helping one person it will be worth it because this latest #cumgate saga highlights once again how much contempt the Tories have for normal working people."

2 hours ago, bickster said:

And yet they said they would slam the brakes on if it was needed. 

I genuinely think they're forcing these changes through to change the narrative from cummings. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Not strictly true when taking the  daily death rate over a 7 day period. The bank holiday probably has something to do with the last two days being higher than the week before. As the number of new cases is dropping by the day and the R rate is still below 1 the daily death rate will keep dropping.  

• Like 2

Â