Generic Virus Thread

villakram

9 minutes ago, PaulC said:

ridiculous, someone popped to my door and says its like sardines on Morecambe bay today. 

Friend of mine in Southport said it’s carnage at Formby. Cars absolutely everywhere, blocking drives people everywhere. Police have had to close roads to restore some kind of order. Madness. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Genie said:

Friend of mine in Southport said it’s carnage at Formby. Cars absolutely everywhere, blocking drives people everywhere. Police have had to close roads to restore some kind of order. Madness. 

@bickster how is Formby Point looking?

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I understand why they are doing it, but blimey...

Unfortunately that might actually be the case for some of them in a few weeks when they’re on a ventilator.

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

@bickster how is Formby Point looking?

Well last might the police had their hands full with a beach party with kids from all over the place turning up.

Its hard to say not being right on top of it though and not going anywhere near it.

I would imagine its hell though but you can't tell much from "The Bubble"'s, never have you ever come across such a bunch of crying arse NIMBYs as that shower of Representatives for Wellingborough, they'd describe five people on the beach as a mass invasion. Meanwhile the knobheads that run the Hightown Village twitter are busy complaining to the concil that we keep geting missed off the don't come to our Beaches message... thus advertising that we have a (very small shit) beach (that has a sewer pipe down te middle of it)... no-one is coming to our beach, despite these knoheads saying its causing parking issues in the village, it isn't, the cars parked near the beach live there! Our beach got listed in the SUnday Times best ten beaches you never knew existed one year, ha, that'll teach them to read that rag, people came as a result, that lasted one weekend...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

There seems to be a level of social distancing and mask wearing at least

I just hope the solidarity shown here does not turn into the horrible violence seen in America. 

What happened to George Floyd was f**king despicable and no doubt that cop should be jailed for life and his watching colleagues done for accessory to murder or something, by their lack of action against him. However, innocent people are now being affected by the violence and that is not acceptable and I'm sure that George Floyd's family are devastated by what they are seeing. 

• Like 1

The new rules for Wales felt fairly sensible and fairly measured. Not perfect.

The main point for me was small shops being advised to have a plan for reopening in 3 weeks, but then making clear that didn’t categorically mean they would open in 3 weeks, just that they need to start planning for how they would.

Lots of anger about a strict 5 mile rule from people living in the countryside that have clearly got all their information second hand and not bothered actually looking at the legislation before complaining about the legislation because Doreen on facebook says The BBC says you now need to bleach your eyes if you travel 5.2 .And you can visit a garden centre but you can’t marry your dad unless he’s dying.

Being an absolute pedant, I am quite surprised an official government website would use the phrase ‘rule of thumb’. I really did think that was on the banned list for about the last 10 years.

Just now, Villarocker said:

I just hope the solidarity shown here does not turn into the horrible violence seen in America. 

What happened to George Floyd was f**king despicable and no doubt that cop should be jailed for life and his watching colleagues done for accessory to murder or something, by their lack of action against him. However, innocent people are now being affected by the violence and that is not acceptable and I'm sure that George Floyd's family are devastated by what they are seeing. 

Unfortunately the looting and violence won't change a thing. The officer has been arrested and will be charged I would expect. To rioting is just giving ammo to the authorities and for me is just despicable.

As for his family being devastated for what they are seeing in America alone, I'm not so sure?

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

To rioting is just giving ammo to the authorities and for me is just despicable.

Have you ever experienced being an Afro-American living in the USA? Thought not

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

As for his family being devastated for what they are seeing in America alone, I'm not so sure?

DO you have a direct line to them? Did you call them in the midst of their grief?

Just now, bickster said:

Have you ever experienced being an Afro-American living in the USA? Thought not

DO you have a direct line to them? Did you call them in the midst of their grief?

I'm not Afro Americian, so no, I haven't experienced it. But I can imagine how the authorities think, when they riot to that effect.

I said i'm not so sure, being the fact they will be right pissed off.

An please don't quote me like I said this as fact.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm not Afro Americian, so no, I haven't experienced it. But I can imagine how the authorities think, when they riot to that effect.

I said i'm not so sure, being the fact they will be right pissed off.

An please don't quote me like I said this as fact.

I quoted you because both your statements we're ill thought out nonsense. I was challenging your thoughts because they were dumb. Not once did I suggest they were anything more than your thoughts.

If you don't want your thoughts challenged, the best way to achieve that is to not post them on a forum

• Like 2

Â