Generic Virus Thread

villakram

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Amazing that Boris wouldn't let the scientists answer. 

Exactly what I though.

Dangerous for them having Whitty there. Not surprised he didn't give him a chance.

Didn't let Laura K come back at him either.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Exactly what I though.

Dangerous for them having Whitty there. Not surprised he didn't give him a chance.

Didn't let Laura K come back at him either.

Stunning. 

If only one of them would grow some balls and speak out. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Stunning. 

If only one of them would grow some balls and speak out. 

Whitty usually seems to tell the truth. I've seen the guy in the middle, whoever it is, squirming plenty of times because of what Whitty is saying. I bet if he wasn't there Boris would have let them answer.

The only reason Boris wouldn't let them answer is because he knows they'd disagree with him. He has nothing to lose if he knows they'll agree with him.

Fair play to the bloke from the scum 

Asking CW/PV if they’d recommend driving a 60 mile round trip to test eyesight! 

edit: they blanked it! 

Edited by wazzap24

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Completely ignored and moved on. 

Wow.

I don’t know what I expected to be honest, but this is a pretty incredible thing to watch. 

lost a bit of respect for PV/CW to be honest. They must have known they’d be asked, so if you had the minerals, you’d tell the PM you want to answer the questions honestly, or get someone else in to do it. 

1 minute ago, wazzap24 said:

I don’t know what I expected to be honest, but this is a pretty incredible thing to watch. 

lost a bit of respect for PV/CW to be honest. They must have known they’d be asked, so if you had the minerals, you’d tell the PM you want to answer the questions honestly, or get someone else in to do it. 

Yeah a little. 

But it's easy for us to say. Standing next to the PM after he has, presumably, forbidden you to answer questions on the matter is another matter. 

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So they literally ignored questions. Didn't say they wouldn't answer or repeat bullshit, just completely ignored it and then moved on. 

I don't think I've seen that before. 

It was definitely a lot shorter than usual.  He couldnt wait to get out of there and the other two were certainly very diplomatic but reading between the lines they didnt seem happy.

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

It was definitely a lot shorter than usual.  He couldnt wait to get out of there and the other two were certainly very diplomatic but reading between the lines they didnt seem happy.

I didn't watch the whole thing but Boris wasn't letting anyone come back for a second question or a clarification. Just moving it all on as quickly as possible

I think they have made an error of judgement here for two reasons:

a) Making the announcement on Thursday evening ahead of a weekend of sunshine means the new rules will effectively start tomorrow for most households.

b) Why go all the way up-to 6 people from 6 households so quickly? It's going to be exploited by people meeting up with 6 households with multiple people from each. It makes it much harder to police.

Personally would have waited to make a change until 15th June when even more people are back at work and off furlough. Plus would have began by making it 4 people, 4 households with an announcement on a Sunday night so people ease into it over the week.

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

There is a dementia care home at the top of my street. They have had 10 covid19 deaths there. 10. Its not even that big. 

Our local care home they are now finally running tests. But starting with the residents?? Is it not the staff who should be tested first as they are the ones who would spread it, not the residents who have been locked down for 8 weeks.

47 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

a) Making the announcement on Thursday evening ahead of a weekend of sunshine means the new rules will effectively start tomorrow for most households.

b) Why go all the way up-to 6 people from 6 households so quickly? It's going to be exploited by people meeting up with 6 households with multiple people from each. It makes it much harder to police.

Personally would have waited to make a change until 15th June when even more people are back at work and off furlough. Plus would have began by making it 4 people, 4 households with an announcement on a Sunday night so people ease into it over the week.

Agreed, but the Government are fighting a losing battle with lockdown measures at the minute. People who want to meet up will meet and that has been the way for a few weeks now. 

The weather hasn't helped... if it had been winter, I think people would have abided by the advice more. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Outside my gaff, right now. Been like it for days now. 

1EF27BD3-EE51-4F6C-88E0-C31B4506E646.jpeg

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah a little. 

But it's easy for us to say. Standing next to the PM after he has, presumably, forbidden you to answer questions on the matter is another matter. 

Yeah, it’s armchair sniping, I accept that. 

I think the issue is they surely knew they’d be asked about Cummings, there was no way they could have thought otherwise? 
I’d like to think in that position I’d have said to Boris - you either let me answer the questions honestly, from a science/medical POV only, or you get someone else to stand up there until it’s blown over. It was all just weird and embarrassing for all involved imo. 

Edited by wazzap24

Â