Generic Virus Thread

villakram

6 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Presumably this:

I mean politically, considering most of the Cabinet spent the week saying how he didn't breach any guidelines.

• Thanks 1

And it really puts the intervention of the Attorney-General in an awful light, whose job it is, to literally know the law. 

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Presumably this:

Followed by an interview with Michael Gove somewhere saying that Durham police did not say scummings had breached the law, in fact they said that he definitely did not breach the law. Then he’ll probably tag in Boris who will mumble something about the pubs opening again soon. 

2 hours ago, Straggler said:

Test and trace how it works

Flawless fig leaf.

The weirdest thing about the track and trace (ok not the weirdest, just something I noticed) was that yesterday Hancock explicitly said that if someone was isolating because they had Covid-19, and you had been in contact with that person but you were't showing symptoms, you have to isolate but other members of your household don't.

That seems pretty weird to me. Surely if one member of the household is isolating due to potentially having it, everyone in hat household should

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The weirdest thing about the track and trace (ok not the weirdest, just something I noticed) was that yesterday Hancock explicitly said that if someone was isolating because they had Covid-19, and you had been in contact with that person but you were't showing symptoms, you have to isolate but other members of your household don't.

That seems pretty weird to me. Surely if one member of the household is isolating due to potentially having it, everyone in hat household should

Yeah I saw that too. It’s contradictory to the previous advice about household isolation. 

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Moral quandary...

Me and the Mrs are struggling to juggle childcare with work and me running a business.  I've doubled my dosage of antidepressants because of the stress, the Mrs has just had a prescription for the first time in years today.

We've no intention of sending the kids back to school and nursery yet as we don't think it's safe, and in the case of school it won't be a normal school experience so our eldest (in reception year) could well be freaked out by it.

We have a younger cousin, in her mid 20s, who is willing to come and stay with us and keep an eye on the kids so we can work during the day.  She has been on lockdown since 3rd March (had a cough) and has taken it seriously since then.  We have also been super strict with lockdown, only going out to shop for essentials, wearing a mask, etc.

To me, it's against the guidelines and feels like a bad thing to do.  BUT - it'll be beneficial to the mental well-being of all involved, including our cousin who is bored rigid at home.  It'll also help us to earn more money which, y'know, is kind of important.

I know what Dom would do, but what should I do?  And will we all get fined if one of my neighbours phones the old bill?

You are the ref.  Go!

As far as I’m concerned most anything is fair game now so go for it.

Dom would for sure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

This isn't the bit that Durham police had the problem with. They don't even mention the Barnard Castle trip.

Staggering arrogance. 

I get the feeling that people are going to disagree with the Prime Minister on the topic of how closed it is. 

Edited by ml1dch

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

This isn't the bit that Durham police had the problem with. They don't even mention the Barnard Castle trip.

Staggering arrogance. 

I'm sure it will be brought up again in today's presser.

I don't know why I see that as a good thing. They'll just repeat the above and ignore the question. Or lie

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Moral quandary...

Me and the Mrs are struggling to juggle childcare with work and me running a business.  I've doubled my dosage of antidepressants because of the stress, the Mrs has just had a prescription for the first time in years today.

We've no intention of sending the kids back to school and nursery yet as we don't think it's safe, and in the case of school it won't be a normal school experience so our eldest (in reception year) could well be freaked out by it.

We have a younger cousin, in her mid 20s, who is willing to come and stay with us and keep an eye on the kids so we can work during the day.  She has been on lockdown since 3rd March (had a cough) and has taken it seriously since then.  We have also been super strict with lockdown, only going out to shop for essentials, wearing a mask, etc.

To me, it's against the guidelines and feels like a bad thing to do.  BUT - it'll be beneficial to the mental well-being of all involved, including our cousin who is bored rigid at home.  It'll also help us to earn more money which, y'know, is kind of important.

I know what Dom would do, but what should I do?  And will we all get fined if one of my neighbours phones the old bill?

You are the ref.  Go!

As others have said, a few weeks ago I'd have said it was risky in terms of getting away with things. 

After last weekend's events what you're suggesting is totally justifiable. It's more of an exceptional circumstance than Mr Cummings for a start.

In terms of yours and her safety... if you've both been following the lockdown strictly like you say then I can't see how there's very much risk at all of her bringing it to you or you guys passing it to her.

Perfectly sensible to me.

• Like 1

In other "elites" news*:

One of Britain’s top shoot owners will miss the start of the season because he is riding his horse the length of Britain.

As the pheasant-shooting season gets underway in the UK, 81-year-old Sir Humphry Tyrrell Wakefield [Classic Dom's father-in-law] who owns Chillingham Castle in Northumberland is riding his horse Barack, named because the horse is half black and half white, from John O’Groats to Land’s End.

Of course he's not doing that, because he's doing that on his horse called that.

https://www.fieldsportschannel.tv/sir-humphry-misses-pheasant-season-to-go-riding/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

*news in the most loose sense, as it's from 2017.

Edited by ml1dch

Just now, PaulC said:

No breach for the drive to Durham and a minor breach for drive to castle .NFA

So he broke the law, even though the cabinet and the Attorney-General said he didn't. 

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

So he broke the law, even though the cabinet and the Attorney-General said he didn't. 

Its getting harder and harder by the day to understand who is in charge. 

In times gone by it was always clear the PM was in charge, even if he/she wasn't legally in charge of everything people would go along with what they said. We have pretty much everybody disagreeing with what Boris / the Government are doing and saying. Who would think that we'd have Scotland and Wales deciding to do something different to England? 

Edited by Genie

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Said to persue it for a minor breach would be treating him different to the rest of us 

Â