Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Not sure if it’s because of the wall to wall coverage but last night and today I've felt very tired, chest feels heavy, and my throat dry. Hopefully it’s not the start of it (and if it is, I’ll have the mild version please).

I guess it could easily be side effects of being cooped up all day

Edited by Genie

26 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Also - yes yes Brexit is done, after all isn't that what Boris said he would do? (Even though we have not negotiated any deal, or agreed transition period, or committed to no deal)

Yes, they absolutely should extend the transition period (and for the maximum time, imo) especially given that, whatever the outcome of those talks, we also have to have talks and decide between the UK and the EU on the management of the Protocol on NI before 31st January 2021 (Joint Committee and so on).

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Not sure if it’s because of the wall to wall coverage but last night and today I've felt very tired, chest feels heavy, and my throat dry. Hopefully it’s not the start of it (and if it is, I’ll have the mild version please).

I guess it could easily be side effects of being cooped up all day

Similar to me last night, my chest felt a bit tighter all of a sudden in bed because I was thinking about it.  I'm perfectly normal today. 

• Like 1

It’s probably stress and anxiety. Even if you don’t feel it, because it’s continuing coverage it can effect your stress levels without knowing. Also being stuck inside won’t help. I had a good day yesterday but woke up feeling a bit groggy. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 2

Macron got on the phone to President Xi yesterday and requested the purchase of 1 billion face masks. Xi said he would allow it, on condition that France accepted Huawei building their 5G network. Straight up commercial blackmail.

For context, in January the EU shipped 70 tons of medical supplies to Wuhan, no questions asked. 

Geopolitics is going to look very different after this pandemic, and much not to China’s liking. 

Edited by Awol

41 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Little life hack here for people. If you ever get to be the NZ Health Minister, and you advise everyone to stay home. Then you decide you’ll take the family mountain biking and to the beach. 

Don’t take the van with your face and name on the side.

1586199977777.jpg

Proper old school Hiace though to be fair.

Boris was openly sort of bragging about shaking hands with dozens of people a couple of weeks ago. What is it about the GOP and Tories that compelled them to both downplay the danger?

Stories coming out about people who self isolated with symptoms and died before calling paramedics. There doesn't seem to be any guidance about when exactly someone should make the call when they're sick.

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Macron got on the phone to President Xi yesterday and requested the purchase of 1 billion face masks. Xi said he would allow it, on condition that France accepted Huawei building their 5G network. Straight up commercial blackmail.

Fake news, apparently. Peddled by Republican Representative Mark Green, broadcast on Fox. 

French Embassy in Tennessee have denied it. 

Sounds like another case of the US trying to sully China's reputation further.

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Stories coming out about people who self isolated with symptoms and died before calling paramedics. There doesn't seem to be any guidance about when exactly someone should make the call when they're sick.

There's an online form to report symptons, and if bad you'll get a call back (should do). But after that it's in your own hands to report it getting worse - which is problematic if you're on your own, or have a problem being a burden, or completely unable to know if what you have is bad or not - this is how that 36 year old mum in London died a couple of weeks back, she might have survived had she been monitored. Other countries can do this.

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, maqroll said:

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

There's an online form to report symptons, and if bad you'll get a call back (should do). But after that it's in your own hands to report it getting worse - which is problematic if you're on your own, or have a problem being a burden, or completely unable to know if what you have is bad or not - this is how that 36 year old mum in London died a couple of weeks back, she might have survived had she been monitored. Other countries can do this.

If you’re already identified as high risk, some GP Surgeries have written to people asking them not to call an ambulance as it will potentially distract crews from saving younger healthier people.

They sent out DNR forms for selected patients to sign, so everyone knew not to bother helping them.

• Sad 1

FWIW I agree with Legov. The title - although in the first instance intended ironically - took on a bit of a nasty taste in the light of some of the stuff coming out of the mouths of Trump and his minions. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Awol said:

We’re getting a sneak peak of what antibiotic resistance could look like. 

Once this is all over, hopefully researchers will get funded to the gills to develop new ones as a public health priority. 

Sorry but it’s a viral infection. Antibiotics only work with bacterial infections 

• Like 1

Â