Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Just now, markavfc40 said:

Hope he can pull though and will be okay mate.

He’s been in a care home for a few months, and is not in a good way anyway. Feel bad saying this but I’ve been wishing he passes away in his sleep for the last few weeks. Obviously he will probably die of this and die alone and maybe in discomfort. 

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My grandad has just been diagnosed with it. In hospital now. He’s has a lot of underlying health issues and is 84.

My deepest sympathies. Hope he will be ok 

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Sorry but it’s a viral infection. Antibiotics only work with bacterial infections 

That's exactly his point. In a world of antibiotic resistance, bacteria could be as incurable as viruses.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, chips'ngravy said:

Fake news, apparently. Peddled by Republican Representative Mark Green, broadcast on Fox. 

French Embassy in Tennessee have denied it. 

Sounds like another case of the US trying to sully China's reputation further.

How weird. Thanks. It’s been reported by mainstream (not Fox) media outlets in the US, too. 

Given all the stuff China has undoubtedly done over the generic killer virus that happened to start in Wuhan, it seems pretty self defeating and unnecessary  to start making things up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The girlfriend's auntie has it. Works in a hospital as a nurse. Very exposed. Sounds like the management caused it from what she's said. The manager's husband came back from Germany and didn't self isolate, and neither did she. And it spread.

Needs an angry emoticon

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

He’s been in a care home for a few months, and is not in a good way anyway. Feel bad saying this but I’ve been wishing he passes away in his sleep for the last few weeks. Obviously he will probably die of this and die alone and maybe in discomfort. 

Very understandable, nobody likes seeing their loved ones suffer. I was the same with my mom 

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

How weird. Thanks. It’s been reported by mainstream (not Fox) media outlets in the US, too. 

Given all the stuff China has undoubtedly done over the generic killer virus that happened to start in Wuhan, it seems pretty self defeating and unnecessary  to start making things up. 

Not sure why people aren't pissed off with China anyway. If they had closed that medieval market down 20 years ago like they were supposed to, we may be in a different situation.

I'd sure feel guilty if we had started a killer virus in England and it spread across the world killing thousands.

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Very understandable, nobody likes seeing their loved ones suffer. I was the same with my mom 

Not nice is it. When my gran passed we were all relieved. My grandad gave up weeks ago. Just hope it’s quick, if it does take him.

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Not nice is it. When my gran passed we were all relieved. My grandad gave up weeks ago. Just hope it’s quick, if it does take him.

It dragged on for a long long time with my mom. She suffered a lot. No quality of life. Same with my dad. It’s horrible getting old

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

It dragged on for a long long time with my mom. She suffered a lot. No quality of life. Same with my dad. It’s horrible getting old

Take it for granted. I thought I was always going to be in my 20s . Time flies and the next flock of people take over. Repeat repeat repeat .

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I don't think you should feel bad about that. I was talking with my mum last night about how relieved we are my grandad passed last year. With COPD and many decades of bronchitis, he'd never have made it through this, and thinking about him dying at home on his own makes me too emotional for words. It's not wrong for you to wish for a better way to go for your family members. Many thoughts for you and yours.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Â