Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Drs and nurses who are dealing with this shit show have asked people to stay at home. 2 nurses in their 30's have died. A 13 yr old kid died. A 5 year old died. 

How **** self important must you feel to refuse to follow the requests of the people having to fight this thing. 

Too many privileged arse holes out there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Interesting that now I’m not working and life in general is slow and relaxed as you can’t go anywhere other than the supermarket  , I see the Lycra brigade out on their bikes taking up 3/4s of the road and think , fair play getting some exercise .... rather than get out the effing way you Lycra wearing clearing in the woods 

I know you're not being overly serious, and if the cyclists are indeed taking up 3/4 of the road some of them are driving into oncoming traffic, but it's actually safer for cyclists to ride side by side than in single file, and safer for you to overtake them. See crude illustration below:

image.png.22cfb2048de7f9beaa43b4a054496da6.png

That being said if they're not all from the same household they shouldn't be out on group rides giving the rest of us a bad name.

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Drs and nurses who are dealing with this shit show have asked people to stay at home. 2 nurses in their 30's have died. A 13 yr old kid died. A 5 year old died. 

How **** self important must you feel to refuse to follow the requests of the people having to fight this thing. 

Too many privileged arse holes out there. 

Entitlement, everyone thinks they deserve something. Self-centred, opinionated and with the mindset of: "**** everyone, I'm alright Jack".

People are a disease...

1_wfjTyyt3NOE6NTwMytmn7w.png

Talking bout companies taking advantage of furlonghing. Now Man City want to Furlough all non playing staff that's a disgrace why should our taxes pay a multi billion pound companies staff wages. Also Liverpool getting in on the act with the Shanky foundation wanting to Furlough staff. Its a non for profit bloody charity. Fair play to carragher, for once he is more than opposed to it.

I actually think it’s nothing to do with people being word removeds or purposely trying to ignore any advice, it’s more to do with our absolutely barmy attitude to the slightest bit of sunny weather. It’s like a sudden national holiday that cannot be missed under any circumstances.

“**** ME DOREEN, LOOK! THE WEATHER IS IN THE HIGH TEENS. WHERE’S ME F***ING SHORTS AND FLIP FLOPS!? QUICK GRAB THE KIDS AND WAKE OUR MOM UP FROM HER AFTERNOON NAP, WE’RE ALL OFF DOWN THE PARK COS THE SUN IS OUT”

Down here today it’s been about 20 degrees but with a slight breeze. It’s not really felt that warm, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many couples/families with big bags walk past looking like they’re off to the local park.

I also don’t think I’ve ever seen so many people in exercise gear either. Now maybe because COVID-19 is a respiratory disease, more people are feeling like they should improve their over health and respiratory system/lung capacity etc. Fair enough. 

Personally, I’ve got no issues with people exercising outdoors, going to sunbathe or heading to the park as long as they’re sticking to the social distancing guidelines. If, however, there are parks that are having to be shut due to thousands of people turning up then that is most definitely irresponsible. 

But **** me - these people should all maybe calm down, it’s just a bit of tepid weather. It’ll be warmer in the summer when we’ll hopefully no longer be in lockdown. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Talking bout companies taking advantage of furlonghing. Now Man City want to Furlough all non playing staff that's a disgrace why should our taxes pay a multi billion pound companies staff wages. Also Liverpool getting in on the act with the Shanky foundation wanting to Furlough staff. Its a non for profit bloody charity. Fair play to carragher, for once he is more than opposed to it.

Man City have confirmed they’re not furloughing any non playing staff

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Man City have confirmed they’re not furloughing any non playing staff

Yeah just confirmed on SkyNews. But Liverpool, Burnley, Tottenham and ofcourse Newcastle all furloughing non playing staff.

Cracks me up PFA moaning if players take reduced salaries goverment will lose £200 million in tax??  Yeah maybe, but if they take cuts maybe they can then pay non player staff then we get the taxes back.

23 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

What difference does it make that its a "big company" seriously, the point is so that the workers don't lose their jobs. It isn't about propping up companies. COmpanies will make people redundant who have no use, no matter how big they are. This is just more ludicrous media hysteria being parroted all over the place.

ITS. ABOUT. PEOPLE. KEEPING. THEIR. JOBS

• Like 3

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

...it seems to me that there's also an opposite possibility, which is that a new law or regulation is created which has no public buy-in (because it's not visibly based on new scientific advice) and that then is ignored, leading people to ignore other rules that are based on more reliable scientific guidance.

I also agree with you (and others who have said similar things) that this is a worry on the other side.

1 minute ago, bickster said:

What difference does it make that its a "big company" seriously, the point is so that the workers don't lose their jobs. It isn't about propping up companies. COmpanies will make people redundant who have no use, no matter how big they are. This is just more ludicrous media hysteria being parroted all over the place.

ITS. ABOUT. PEOPLE. KEEPING. THEIR. JOBS

But i'm sure in reality, the likes of Tottenham and Liverpool can afford to pay non playing staff when they are paying out millions in player salaries every month. 

Just now, foreveryoung said:

But i'm sure in reality, the likes of Tottenham and Liverpool can afford to pay non playing staff when they are paying out millions in player salaries every month. 

There's zero money coming in.

Â