Generic Virus Thread

villakram

On 28/03/2020 at 14:54, chrisp65 said:

I think over the years on here you get to filter out the nutters, the preppers, the drama queens and the people that believe ‘pass it on’ posts on facebook.

Mostly 

giphy.gif

Some of us can be quite virulent :thumb:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Every morning I wake up with what can only be described as a very mild hangover. Is this a symptom?

It’s a symptom of being bored and confined to your house with a fridge full of booze. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've had headaches for a week now, and didn't really think much of bit as I've always had a lot of headaches. Then I also got 4 days in a row with diarrhea and I thought it was odd. No fever or cough mind. 

And now I'm reading that lots (80%) of people will have very mild symptoms and of those 10-20% are reported to struggle with diarrhea. 

I feel absolutely fine, but decided to order a covid-19 test so I won't walk around sick without being aware of it. But jeez it wss expensive. £ 80 !!

Anyone else had headaches and diarrhea?? 

Have you recently started home cooking your meals instead of eating out?

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

FFS.

We're in trouble when the sun comes out.

Global problem. People will at some point hust say **** it and keep living. Unfortunately.

I've been spending the last 4 weeks with my SO locked up basically. She's lost her job, temp. at least. I've been working, but since I got mono in February I've more or less just been inside the last 8 weeks. We've agreed to avoid gatherings and stuff, but yesterday we went for a walk cause we needed a waffel iron (and I wanted to look at the nintendo). And sweet jesus there were people everywhere. Once sun hit Oslo, they were not sitting inside. 

Another amazingly stupid story is our public transport. I don't own a car so I take the metro and/or bus every morning. Public transport in Oslo is normally exceptionally good with metro, tram and buslines going everywhere. Recently all Norwegians are told to work at home if possible. The bus I'm taking is operated by a company that scaled back it's departures and bus volume since people where by large at home. The buses are also sectioned off to avoid sick drivers. What happened is that because they 1) altered the bus capacity 2) reduced the amount of departures, the buses became very overcrowded. So the govermmental action to reduce disease was countered by some idiots in this company.  And just to make it better the bus is a key line to 4 different hospitals and god how many elderly homes, so the bus is always packed with nurses. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Just now, LondonLax said:

Have you recently started home cooking your meals instead of eating out?

Not really. I've never eaten out much. It's a cultural thing here. 

But I have started eating more my girl's dinners, so you might say I've moved dinner place. 

10 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Split of Covid deaths in England as of last night :

Total - 3,939

Over 80 years old : 2071 (53%)

60-79 years old : 1549 (39%)

40-59 years old : 282 (7%)

20-39 years old : 32 (0.8%)

0-19 years old : 5 (0.1%)

92% over 60 years old.

More than every other person over 80

Really wish the 60-79 bracket was broken down far more into 5 year sections or something.

I know the whole world is in lockdown panic chaos but it really does look like this is primarily just wiping those out that the flu missed this year. The hospitals could more than likely cope with the actual numbers of people ok but the problem (much like the supermarkets running out of very specific items) is that everyone has the exact same thing and it is all happening at the same time. This is still only 4000 people in a month

England & wales registered 56,000+ deaths in Jan 2020

England & wales registered 43,600+ deaths in Feb 2020

Here is the latest record of all deaths in Europe.

At the far right of the graph the trend is a significant drop in deaths for people under 64 years (presumably because everyone is at home not out risking being killed in a car crash etc) but the up swing in deaths over 65 is starting to show.

Overall the total number of deaths in Europe currently above what would be usual at this time of year but not yet at the levels you see in bad flu seasons.

We are still at early days however and it would seem the lockdown is currently saving lives both unrelated to the virus and directly relating to the virus.

image.png

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

My post was meant to be a joke about your cooking but it appears your gf is to blame!

Sorry just woke up, after having the shits all night AGAIN, so I'm not at the races. 

I have a sick fascination with watching Trump and the USA, like I think how can it get any worse and literally everyday he takes it to new lows. It'll be millions who die there, because the president is a baby - you do get what you vote for but even the Taliban wouldn't have wished this orange arse on the American people. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Just read on CNBC he's basically fired from his position. 

It was reported that he was applauded by his crew as he left the ship.

I've just read Trump's overnight musings - he's looking to reduce the measure he has in place at Easter?

The man is a nutcase - he's killing more Americans than Bin Laden.

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It was reported that he was applauded by his crew as he left the ship.

I've just read Trump's overnight musings - he's looking to reduce the measure he has in place at Easter?

The man is a nutcase - he's killing more Americans than Bin Laden.

You can see the crew's reaction on cnbc/cnn. It's videoed. Basically clapped and sung off the ship which was a nice touch. 

Day 9 of running a drivers help line (and effectively overseeing the dispatch side of the call centre) form my mobile, iPad and PC in the man cave

The guys out there are desperate (because the work has dried up) and I end up being the brunt of their anger at the company. They don't like the new speech recognition IVR system (replacing telops) and nor do some of the customers, who are now using rival companies that still have people taking calls (we furloughed the lot). There's essentially 15 people running the entire company and apart from the IT guys; all from our homes. 

This could get quite depressing for some people but my music and the fact I've been dealing with these people for over 2 decades (and its all water off  a ducks back to me) is getting me through.

So what’s the deal with hydrochloroquine? Trump is championing it constantly; he has ordered plenty of it from India apparently. Watched him yesterday and he was telling people to “take it - what do you have to lose?” A quick google of the side effects and well... seems highly irresponsible to me for him to be saying it and probably a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Â