Generic Virus Thread

villakram

5 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

So what’s the deal with hydrochloroquine? Trump is championing it constantly; he has ordered plenty of it from India apparently. Watched him yesterday and he was telling people to “take it - what do you have to lose?” A quick google of the side effects and well... seems highly irresponsible to me for him to be saying it and probably a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Maybe he or one of his cohorts has a stake in some licence, distribution, production or development for it?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

So what’s the deal with hydrochloroquine? Trump is championing it constantly; he has ordered plenty of it from India apparently. Watched him yesterday and he was telling people to “take it - what do you have to lose?” A quick google of the side effects and well... seems highly irresponsible to me for him to be saying it and probably a lawsuit waiting to happen.

India has banned all exports of hydrochloroquine , so that isn’t going to work well for him .

I doubt those side effects listed are anymore severe than the ones listed on every approved drug you buy and take without unfolding that bit of paper inside the packet tbh 

sone trails , albeit with small samples . Appear to show the drug isn’t effective as a Covid 19 treatment anyway 

27 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Doomed.

Meh. 

I see no difference between idiots in church in da name of d'lord than idiots on the beach in Bright because it's summer and 18 degrees ain't it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Meh. 

I see no difference between idiots in church in da name of d'lord than idiots on the beach in Bright because it's summer and 18 degrees ain't it. 

Yeah but the idiots in Brighton are just idiots, dangerous idiots.  They don’t think they’re going to be saved by Jesus’ blood which would make you an idiot x100.

• Like 1

I’m confused by the advice of staying in doors...

The wording of it seems to just be geared up for Londoners, rather than thinking nationwide. 

Can we go out an sunbathe in our gardens or not? Can we go for walks which counts towards our exercise? 

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Yeah but the idiots in Brighton are just idiots, dangerous idiots.  They don’t think they’re going to be saved by Jesus’ blood which would make you an idiot x100.

If God isn't real, what difference does it make? End result is they are meeting in groups and putting lives in danger.

Both groups are just as stupid. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Meh. 

As far as I can tell most people at the beach are following social distancing, whereas being crammed indoors at a church is just asking for trouble. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

As far as I can tell most people at the beach are following social distancing, whereas being crammed indoors at a church is just asking for trouble. 

You are right, maybe beach wasn't the best example. Other gatherings comparible to meeting in church are just as stupid.

9 minutes ago, Tayls said:

The wording of it seems to just be geared up for Londoners, rather than thinking nationwide. 

Can we go out an sunbathe in our gardens or not? Can we go for walks which counts towards our exercise? 

Yes you can go out into your own garden and take a walk as long as when you do go out you follow social distancing and stay a minimum of 2m away from those not part of your household.

12 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Can we go out an sunbathe in our gardens or not?

Yes, of course you can. Your garden is your home.

Make sure to keep a distance between you and your neighbours however - those guidelines still apply. A bit of a different case if you live in flats or somewhere with a communal garden (as it's obviously the case that you shouldn't be joining up in groups with those people in other households).

So now they're threatening to ban exercise outdoors, because people are ignoring the rules.

How about punishing those who break the rules instead of everyone? This is **** insane.

Sorry fellas. Some people were speeding, so you're not allowed to buy cars anymore.

• Like 4

Might have been a nice idea but not sure if turning the Empire State Building into the Eye of Sauron will help calm people down?

If N.Y indeed is Mordor then shouldn't they Eye of Sauron be on Trump Tower?

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I go for a couple of walks in a day. The parks really quiet. It’s very peaceful and relaxing. 

Selfish word removed

(joshing of course...)

Edited by Jareth
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Ignore Trump and ignore the responses to what Trump says about it too. 

The reporting on this (particularly in America) has been awful on all sides. 

There are major clinical trials and emergency use programmes underway in a number of countries (including one here in the UK starting next month). It is being trialled as both a treatment and a potential prevention. It might work, it might not, but you won’t get any sense from the media on it at the moment, I haven’t read one decent article on it from them. 

We should start to hear about actual results from doctors and stuff in the next few weeks. 

Edited by wazzap24

Matt Hancock is a moron, Michael Gove is a moron (and also looks like a Thunderbird character, minus the strings).

They cannot punish the entire nation on the actions of a small minority, the vast majority of people are staying indoors but the reality is that there are 70 odd million people who are allowed to exercise once or twice a day so you will see people out and about.

We are governed by morons exactly when we needed strong leadership.

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

It’s simple.

Stay at home unless you need to go out. Your garden is “ at home”.

Accepted needs are one form of exercise a day ( not sunbathing !!)......essential work journeys.....buying necessities, or providing help or care to a vulnerable person.

I must admit in the same way I’m baffled how few people ( including the Leader of the Free World) understand either these rules, or the nature of the virus. 
It’s life threatening, it’s been here ages, we should all be experts by now .!

Â