Generic Virus Thread

villakram

47 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Senator Rand Paul has tested positive.

The US has rates of infection that are increasing massively, it will overtake Italy in terms of cases at some point in the next day or so and its healthcare provisions are completely unsuited for this sort of outbreak. They're in real trouble.

Guess this is the problem you get with people who are used to passing laws and rules that applies to others but not to them.

SEN. RAND PAUL WORKOUT IN SENATE GYM CORONAVIRUS POSITIVE ...Why Is The Senate Gym Open???

Shocking news from the Hill ... Sen. Rand Paul was very much so openly mingling with other Senators Sunday prior to getting his coronavirus test results and announcing them. Even scarier ... he was working out in the Senate gym like nothing was wrong.

The biggest shock ... how on Earth can the Senate gym still be open? Just about every major city shut down gyms a week ago, because they are breeding grounds for the virus.  Congress is in the middle of passing a bill providing critical economic relief for people, and now we learn members of Congress are exposing themselves to major danger. One person picks it up, transmits it at the gym, and then Senators interact. You know the way it ends.

According to Politico's Jake Sherman, GOP Senate top dogs are incredibly concerned after hearing about Rand ... because a bunch of them, including Senator Mitt Romney, were eating with the guy and were in close proximity up to the point of the announcement just about. Romney says he and the other senators will be seeking advice on next steps.

Hopefully, Congress will realize this thing is in their own ranks and get their act together ... as they try to tell the public to do the same thing.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/03/22/senator-rand-paul-tests-positive-coronavirus-quarantine/

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Just poured a scotch, listened to this and for the first time in years I could murder a cigarette. Probably not the right time to get back into that though. 

I'm watching the Supersonic documentary so I wan't to go full Tony Montana.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, limpid said:

Interesting. It looks like I had the virus in early Feb. I had all the symptoms including this one about a week after returning from a business trip to Paris. By coincidence I effectively isolated myself for the few days before and after because I was working from home.

Hopefully the antibody test will be available soon to confirm. I'd really like to know if I'm still at risk.

Me too I need someone local to do my shopping 😉

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Me too I need someone local to do my shopping 😉

The only problem with that is that I can't drive. PM if you are stuck I'm sure I'll know someone who can help.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, limpid said:

The only problem with that is that I can't drive. PM if you are stuck I'm sure I'll know someone who can help.

Someone on here mentioned the other day that they got a last minute delivery slot with Morrison’s. I checked earlier and managed to get a slot tomorrow morning. It’s worth checking periodically as they must release extra or get cancellations. 

No pushing and shoving at the supermarket for me
haters gonna hate GIF

Flights still coming in to the UK from China, Iran and Italy, the 3 worst hit countries.

Why is this still happening?! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, limpid said:

Cheers mate thank you....I’m ok so far and with family around. 
Likewise though if there’s anything I can do ...👍

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Flights still coming in to the UK from China, Iran and Italy, the 3 worst hit countries.

We’re probably asking them if they Corona Virus before we let them in though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

I live directly under the flight path for Bhx... I couldn't believe the amount of planes flying over so looked at flight radar.... at a very quick glance yesterday there were flights from Turin, Verona and another Italian city... I dont get it either, unless they are flying Brits stook over there on holiday etc? 

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Someone on here mentioned the other day that they got a last minute delivery slot with Morrison’s. I checked earlier and managed to get a slot tomorrow morning. It’s worth checking periodically as they must release extra or get cancellations. 

No pushing and shoving at the supermarket for me
haters gonna hate GIF

Hate you 🤬😁

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Xela said:

...It was never just TV....

• Like 2

Â