Generic Virus Thread

villakram

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I was just reading about pubs in Scotland that had to be shut down by the police because they refused to close.

Not sure I'd be happy just revoking their licence tbh, I think they should be prosecuted. 

The SI that was passed yesterday applied to England only (I didn't look at that when I read it).

I wonder what was done for Scotland, Wales & NI.

37 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Not usually much of a fan of my garden as it tends to make me sneeze/give me hayfever but feel rather lucky to have it at the moment. Have sat out reading a book for a couple of hours today & other than a few neighbours shouting to each other over a few gardens about their various coughs & colds it has been a nice quiet day in the sun & fresh air. In all honesty someone telling to me to stay at home & do nothing and they will pay me to do so is pretty much my idea of a perfect life so i am quite happy to oblige.

So how are you feeling now? I know it's not proven that you can't get a second dose, but I would imagine it's something of a relief to be one of those who've come out the other side of it? 

9 minutes ago, snowychap said:

The SI that was passed yesterday applied to England only (I didn't look at that when I read it).

I wonder what was done for Scotland, Wales & NI.

The First Minister in Wales, Mark Dripford has been very clear. He doesn’t know what powers he has but should it turn out that he has any, he wouldn’t hesitate to use them should any need arise at some point in an undefined future. 

Very clear on that.

Absolute **** wet blanket of a politician out of his depth in a paddling pool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

So how are you feeling now? I know it's not proven that you can't get a second dose, but I would imagine it's something of a relief to be one of those who've come out the other side of it? 

Better than i was but by no means completely better. Seem to get out of breath very easily just walking about the house and still short of breath & struggling for any sort of deep breath on a reasonably regular basis despite not doing much other than sitting about for 90% of the weekend. Don't feel like i am in any immediate danger or anything but breathing is more of an issue that it should be.

Honestly i would feel more relief if i had actually been tested to confirm that i had actually had it, Same with my wife who had cold/flu/fever symptoms for a few days but that was it. No idea if she had it or not. I am kinda 95% sure but what happens when i need to go out to the shops in 10 days ro so if it was a coincidental chest infection or something & i end up getting it anyway.

Edited by LakotaDakota

There is a program currently on BBC 2 called Life in the Corner Shop about live as a family living in the 70's. They were just going on about when they used to have blackouts. Christ they didn't know they were born did they 🙂 

In years to come we will hopefully be able to look back on this time, reel off a few tales, and say how it was all worth it as not too many lives were lost.

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

The First Minister in Wales, Mark Dripford has been very clear. He doesn’t know what powers he has but should it turn out that he has any, he wouldn’t hesitate to use them should any need arise at some point in an undefined future. 

Very clear on that.

Absolute **** wet blanket of a politician out of his depth in a paddling pool.

To just clarify that above, he’s been asked by others parties to take action to close caravan parks and tourist attractions. His response was that he didn’t know whether he had the authority.

When it was suggested he should possibly jolly well check, he accused the other parties of ‘playing politics’.

Bell. End.

• Like 2

Senator Rand Paul has tested positive.

The US has rates of infection that are increasing massively, it will overtake Italy in terms of cases at some point in the next day or so and its healthcare provisions are completely unsuited for this sort of outbreak. They're in real trouble.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Senator Rand Paul has tested positive.

The US has rates of infection that are increasing massively, it will overtake Italy in terms of cases at some point in the next day or so and its healthcare provisions are completely unsuited for this sort of outbreak. They're in real trouble.

Yes the US is going to be hit hardest and it’s going to make it tough for Trump to say what a great job he’s doing.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Xela said:

The Grim Reaper would have to queue up like everyone else

26234642-8137409-Shocking_drone_footage_

I could be seeing too much in this photo but it appears that there may actually be some organised queuing which at least gives a chance to stay a couple of metres from people around you. On top of this it would also be good if they would limit the amount of people in supermarkets at any one time.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

Stand down! Stand down! Crisis over.

A County Commissioner in a Florida County has the cure. The virus breaks down in heat, it gets in to you via your nasal passage.

So blow a hair dryer up your nose.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I could be seeing too much in this photo but it appears that there may actually be some organised queuing which at least gives a chance to stay a couple of metres from people around you. On top of this it would also be good if they would limit the amount of people in supermarkets at any one time.

Yep, Actually looks pretty sensible. Due to the low quality of the photo it is hard to identify the exact number of people but appears to be somewhere between 150-200 spread out over a large area. That many people in a supermarket at once seems like a fairly low number under normal circumstances. Sure people in huge queues that go completely around a large carpark isn't great but it looks pretty responsible & easy to manage to let 20/30 in at a time & once they are past the first aisle let another group in. Would all be in & out in an hour or so without any need for mass congregations/scrums at any one point

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

I hope this gives some people in this country a wake up call.

A 36-year-old NHS nurse, with no underlying health issues, is fighting for her life in hospital after contracting coronavirus.

Areema Nasreen is on a ventilator in intensive care in Walsall Manor Hospital in the West Midlands - where she has worked for the past 16 years.

The mother-of-three developed symptoms 10 days ago, starting with body aches, a high temperature and then a cough.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-healthy-nhs-nurse-36-in-intensive-care-after-contracting-covid-19-11962025

This is an interesting study. 
TL:DR UK could be “challenging” the capacity of ICUs by end of March, even assuming every bed is available for use by COVID patients - they’re not. 

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

This is an interesting study. 
TL:DR UK could be “challenging” the capacity of ICUs by end of March, even assuming every bed is available for use by COVID patients - they’re not. 

The UK is 9 days behind Italy so the current experience in Italy is likely for the UK around the 31st of March. 

10 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

The UK is 9 days behind Italy so the current experience in Italy is likely for the UK around the 31st of March. 

From what I’ve read it might be closer to 14 days behind, but either way their ICU capacity is double ours and once patients go in they tend to stay there for weeks. 

It appears we are royally screwed. 

21 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

This weekend will forever be known as ...

Just poured a scotch, listened to this and for the first time in years I could murder a cigarette. Probably not the right time to get back into that though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â