Generic Virus Thread

villakram

57 minutes ago, Genie said:

We’re probably asking them if they Corona Virus before we let them in though.

I flew home last week to Heathrow and literally the only thing there about Corona was someone handing out flyers asking if you feel unwell

It was unbelievable

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

I flew home last week to Heathrow and literally the only thing there about Corona was someone handing out flyers asking if you feel unwell

It was unbelievable

The sad thing is it's completely believeable.

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

...and, for those of you who want to keep score, the TOTAL number of British casualties - civilian AND military - in SIX YEARS of the Second World War was 450,700. 

2 hours ago, Awol said:

From what I’ve read it might be closer to 14 days behind, but either way their ICU capacity is double ours and once patients go in they tend to stay there for weeks. 

It appears we are royally screwed. 

A study in the USA is showing that the virus remains in your respiratory tract for 37 days after recovery

Sample size was only 12 patients but that’s quite worrying 

You can be infectious for over a month after being classed as recovered if true

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Better than i was but by no means completely better. Seem to get out of breath very easily just walking about the house and still short of breath & struggling for any sort of deep breath on a reasonably regular basis despite not doing much other than sitting about for 90% of the weekend. Don't feel like i am in any immediate danger or anything but breathing is more of an issue that it should be.

Honestly i would feel more relief if i had actually been tested to confirm that i had actually had it, Same with my wife who had cold/flu/fever symptoms for a few days but that was it. No idea if she had it or not. I am kinda 95% sure but what happens when i need to go out to the shops in 10 days ro so if it was a coincidental chest infection or something & i end up getting it anyway.

My symptoms seem to be matching yours quite closely Lakota. Breathing seems to be an intermittent issue. Chest feels consistently restricted, but not to a massive degree.  Feel fairly tired.  Walked about 100 yards in 1 go today and it kind of wiped me out for a bit and left me a bit breathless.  But generally the symptoms seem to be fairly mild and I don't feel particularly 'ill'. It's quite weird.  

• Sad 3

32 minutes ago, KHV said:

A study in the USA is showing that the virus remains in your respiratory tract for 37 days after recovery

Sample size was only 12 patients but that’s quite worrying 

You can be infectious for over a month after being classed as recovered if true

That can't be true surely? Otherwise all the 10's of thousands of people cured in China would be now infecting people en masse

28 minutes ago, Jon said:

My symptoms seem to be matching yours quite closely Lakota. Breathing seems to be an intermittent issue. Chest feels consistently restricted, but not to a massive degree.  Feel fairly tired.  Walked about 100 yards in 1 go today and it kind of wiped me out for a bit and left me a bit breathless.  But generally the symptoms seem to be fairly mild and I don't feel particularly 'ill'. It's quite weird.  

Hope you both recover soon, my daughter and her boyfriend have it think my son and his girlfriend have too but not been tested. There’s got to be up to a million people that have it in this country now. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jon said:

Quite odd isn't it, seems to be a constant almost dull ache where your heart is, wouldn't say it is  pain but very aware of something feeling restricted & not right. I usually hurtle about at a pace that would win any Olympic speed walking competition & run up & down the stairs 3 or 4 at a time. Have forgotten a few times &  gone bounding up the stairs as usual only to really wish I hadn't once I get to the top. I guess both seemingly having the same does at least pretty much confirm that we both have it unless we have somehow both managed to get an oddly specific unrelated chest infection at the same time as this which would seem unlikely. A dab of vicks seemed to help a bit when I went to bed puffing a bit last night. Join the club & do what they are telling you seems to be the best thing, stay home where possible & take it easy.  Good chance to catch up on some tv/movies/books.

• Like 1

Whenever there was a news item about some head of state being deposed in a coup, I always wondered what "being placed under house arrest" would be like. I guess now I know - and the answer is: it depends who you're with, and how big your house is. I'm a lot luckier than some. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

Harvey Weinstein tests positive .

He's having a mare.

‘Rapist gets horrible disease, might die’ is the only positive COVID headline I’ve seen so far. 

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Whenever there was a news item about some head of state being deposed in a coup, I always wondered what "being placed under house arrest" would be like. I guess now I know - and the answer is: it depends who you're with, and how big your house is. I'm a lot luckier than some. 

Indeed. I’m already working on Tom & Harry. Won’t go for Dick unless things get really desperate.

• Haha 1

Military invention is a matter of time. A real shame it has to come to it. Ive always tried to defend the intelligence of people in this country when it came to topics such as Brexit. But after what I’ve seen today there’s just no escaping it, people really are thick as shit. 

• Like 4

Â