Generic Virus Thread

villakram

In the last couple of days, Japan has finally lifted all restrictions on foreign tourists and Hong Kong has finally got rid of the mandatory hotel quarantine for incoming tourists. There are still some restrictions in place though. 

Those economies must have been decimated. HK has lost its place as the Asian finance capital to Singapore. 

On 24/09/2022 at 18:45, sidcow said:

I've been called for a booster (diabetic) but I'm thinking I'd rather wait a while.  We're so early in the season and efficacy starts to wear off in time. 

Whilst there isn't much about I'd rather have it in a month or two when it's protection will be higher in the peak season. 

And once again round south Brum there are only strange places like backstreet pharmacies in Sparkhill and Sparkbrook to book. I hope they open up more centres.  Yes I'm a snob. 

Vile in South Brum? Nah all proppa Blues there mate. You got lost out the shires? No vile in the danger zone 

mate 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Xela said:

In the last couple of days, Japan has finally lifted all restrictions on foreign tourists and Hong Kong has finally got rid of the mandatory hotel quarantine for incoming tourists. There are still some restrictions in place though. 

Those economies must have been decimated. HK has lost its place as the Asian finance capital to Singapore. 

I bet the death tolls are low though.

A decimated economy is at least a sacrifice for keeping the population safe.

The alternative is keep the economy going and have a higher death toll

Unless you're the UK of course. We just went for the worst of both worlds :thumb:

• Like 2

Was at a party on Saturday night, half of the attendees come down with it 

Hoping to stay healthy and hopeful because I’ve been exposed a lot and stayed negative but feeling meh today 

3rd time it would be for me, and 4th for the wife.  Beyond annoying 

Had an awful night last night, high temperature, sore throat, aching all over, migraine, tested positive this morning on the Mrs birthday of all days. Supposed to be going to Blackpool for the weekend with the family  to celebrate but can not see that happening now. Far worse than I thought it would be 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Had an awful night last night, high temperature, sore throat, aching all over, migraine, tested positive this morning on the Mrs birthday of all days. Supposed to be going to Blackpool for the weekend with the family  to celebrate but can not see that happening now. Far worse than I thought it would be 

It's massively unpredictable. We had far milder symptoms than we'd been fearing. Actually, the aftereffects of the booster jabs we had last Friday were much worse - but only for 24 hours or so. 

• Like 1

Had my booster today along with the flu jab. After seven hours I have very faint fever symptoms and nothing more. As I haven't reacted to any previous covid jabs, this might just be the flu jab.

I started with the sore throat last Tuesday, tested positive on Saturday and still feel terrible now. Just did another lateral to see and it’s still positive but more of a feint line. I’m hoping it’s all buggered off by the weekend, I want to get on with life. 

• Sad 1

Trains were rammed today - much busier than last week. I wonder if companies are turning the screw and asking people to come in more. 

We're still 1 day a week but I can see the demand for 2 days coming soon. 

edit: the point of the post is that I can imagine covid will increase now as trains/offices are busier

Edited by Xela

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Trains were rammed today - much busier than last week. I wonder if companies are turning the screw and asking people to come in more. 

We're still 1 day a week but I can see the demand for 2 days coming soon. 

edit: the point of the post is that I can imagine covid will increase now as trains/offices are busier

I reckon a lot of people are looking at energy prices and deciding to let the company worry about the heating bill instead

Not me though. One day in the office this year, and I didn't like it. Not happening again.

28 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’ve been in to the office 3 times this year, and each time the main motivation is to give my car a good run (40 miles each way) as it’s a 2L diesel and only doing school runs at the moment.

I’ve got a 2L diesel and the bastard thing is costing me £300 a month to travel into work every day. During covid (which was when I started with my current employers) the route in took about 35mins. It’s now taking me 1.5hrs due to sheer volume of traffic. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Sad 3

On 28/09/2022 at 11:33, mjmooney said:

It's massively unpredictable. We had far milder symptoms than we'd been fearing. Actually, the aftereffects of the booster jabs we had last Friday were much worse - but only for 24 hours or so. 

I had my flu jab last week, my booster jab on Sunday, felt OK Monday, really bad sore arm, Tuesday and yesterday I felt like crap, found it harder to walk than I normally do! Today hopefully I'm getting over it.

1 hour ago, bielesibub said:

I had my flu jab last week, my booster jab on Sunday,

I thought current advice is that you can have them together but if having them separately they should be two weeks apart?

I'm not sure what the logic of that decision was.

Â