Generic Virus Thread

villakram

11 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I felt pretty rough after I posted in here last night but today I feel fine but with a much stronger line on my test.  Almost exactly how I felt after my second jab.

I get a bit confused by the rules still, I can nip to the shop if I wear a mask can't I?  

Government wants us out and about but the person has to make a choice about mask wearing I think.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I felt pretty rough after I posted in here last night but today I feel fine but with a much stronger line on my test.  Almost exactly how I felt after my second jab.

I get a bit confused by the rules still, I can nip to the shop if I wear a mask can't I?  

The guidance remains avoid all people for five days and at risk people for ten.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, limpid said:

The guidance remains avoid all people for five days and at risk people for ten.

Is that 5 days since my first symptoms?  I had a sore throat for a few days before I got the fever yesterday and took my first test last night.  I find the government website a bit vague and asking here better.  

30 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Is that 5 days since my first symptoms?  I had a sore throat for a few days before I got the fever yesterday and took my first test last night.  I find the government website a bit vague and asking here better.  

Who knows any more?

20 hours ago, dubbs said:

Government wants us out and about but the person has to make a choice about mask wearing I think.

I know we are governed by a bunch of incompetent **** but I don't think they have sunk to stating anyone with covid should get themselves out and about have they?

Edited by markavfc40

15 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I know we are government by a bunch of incompetent **** but I don't think they have sunk to stating anyone with covid should get themselves out and about have they?

Well they actually said it's up to the individual and as a nation we need to learn to live with it, however a lot of employers have taken that to mean continue to work if you can - take precautions of course but mixing inevitably spreads it.  At this time of year with increases in flu and cold cases that's not entirely sensible.

22 hours ago, bickster said:

Had my latest booster yesterday, no side effects apart from the standard sore arm

I was going to ask about getting the flu jab at the same time, I didn't have to bother asking, it was straight up asked at the outset if I wanted it at the same time.

Also I was literally in and out in 5 or 6 minutes, totally efficient system at the chemist I went to.

Got my booster Monday, felt really tired yesterday but all good today.  Had my injection with the nurse at my normal doctors, took my elderly mother to get hers at the same time…like you we were in and out in around 10 minutes.  I had my flu jab last week but like you, my mom got her flu jab at the same time as Covid jab.

Edited by nick76

11 hours ago, dubbs said:

Well they actually said it's up to the individual and as a nation we need to learn to live with it, however a lot of employers have taken that to mean continue to work if you can - take precautions of course but mixing inevitably spreads it.  At this time of year with increases in flu and cold cases that's not entirely sensible.

Indeed. We are back to relying on the common sense and courtesy of the great british public, which means people going on to rammed public transport and into the office with covid, stinking colds, and any other illnesses they might have.

Although it was an awful, traumatic time for lots of the world, the peak of covid was a chance for us to learn some lessons and improve things when we came out of the other side - one such example would have been better attitudes to taking a sick day or two rather than bringing down everyone else. Shame really.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, limpid said:

Who knows any more?

Dont think there is any rules or guidance anymore. When you have people going on aeroplanes with no masks and shopping centres the same.

I think the general consensus is just you make the decision how you feel when deciding when to integrate with people

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think the general consensus is just you make the decision how you feel when deciding when to integrate with people

So a vulnerable persons life could well be in some selfish bastards hands. Well it beats being told what to do, unless you're that vulnerable person of course. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

So a vulnerable persons life could well be in some selfish bastards hands. Well it beats being told what to do, unless you're that vulnerable person of course. 

Its nothing new mark the worlds surrounded by it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

My dad tested positive today, and I spent a few hours with him at his house yesterday. Bit worried as I've still not had it and I'm immunocompromised. Up to date with jabs.

What form does your immunocompromise take? 

My missus takes immunosuppressant drugs, got covid after three jabs, and had only mild symptoms. 

4 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

My dad tested positive today, and I spent a few hours with him at his house yesterday. Bit worried as I've still not had it and I'm immunocompromised. Up to date with jabs.

I'm one of the 'at risk' ( on Ocrelizumab for my MS )', I had COVID at the start of the year. Odd thing was, couple of days before I tested positive I felt better than I had in years! I also didn't feel as awful as I normally do when the symptoms finally kicked in.

Have you got your PCR test at hand? you'll need to do that before they can get the extra anti-viral antibiotics via your GP out to you - I say this in the hope that you have a decent GP - my GP is shit.

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

What form does your immunocompromise take? 

My missus takes immunosuppressant drugs, got covid after three jabs, and had only mild symptoms. 

I take tofacitinib to control my IBD, leaving me at higher risk from any virus as it suppresses my immune system. Generally it just takes me longer to recover from most things, but I really struggled with pneumonia last month.

Fingers crossed it's mild for me if I get it, thank you for sharing your partner's positive outcome.

12 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

I'm one of the 'at risk' ( on Ocrelizumab for my MS )', I had COVID at the start of the year. Odd thing was, couple of days before I tested positive I felt better than I had in years! I also didn't feel as awful as I normally do when the symptoms finally kicked in.

Have you got your PCR test at hand? you'll need to do that before they can get the extra anti-viral antibiotics via your GP out to you - I say this in the hope that you have a decent GP - my GP is shit.

I have got my PCR test, had it in the post months ago.

Really glad you were okay, the more I read about people not suffering that badly it gives me more optimism.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/10/2022 at 08:49, mjmooney said:

Thing is, there have always been viruses that make you feel shit. They're not all Covid-19. 

I had rhinovirus 2 weeks ago, its way worse than covid although I am double jabbed so maybe my immune system had a head start on C19. 

Â