Generic Virus Thread

villakram

16 minutes ago, regular_john said:

So, after 2 and a bit years of dodging the covid bullet. It finally got me. Not being able to taste or smell is really, really weird. I apologise to the proprietor of the curry house for referring to his food as 'flavourless'.

Hope it's all very mild for you and that you get back to normal very soon buddy.  I too have avoided it for now but I'm being really careful seeing as I see the elderly folks with medical issues etc.  I'm resigned to the fact that I'll get it at some point and with the LFTs I have starting to run out I guess I'll keep on being careful for now. 

Edited by trekka

3 weeks since my negative test and i’m still feeling the symptoms.

My nose is still constantly blocked and I need a nasal spray a couple of times a day to unblock it.

I also have what feels like a chest infection, crackly chesty cough which I just can’t shift.

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

It's a very unpredictable beast, isn't it? 

Absolutely, no loss of smell or taste and no sore throat which is common with this variant.

Its had 2 phases, first head cold and tiredness. Then it switched to chest infection type symptoms.

Could be a lot worse though so I’m not complaining (much).

Edited by Genie

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Anyone on here not actually had it. I only think I have, as the Mrs has had it twice, an I felt a bit rough at that time, although I have never had a positive test result.

Not had it.(that I’m aware of). Neither has the missus

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Genie said:

3 weeks since my negative test and i’m still feeling the symptoms.

My nose is still constantly blocked and I need a nasal spray a couple of times a day to unblock it.

I also have what feels like a chest infection, crackly chesty cough which I just can’t shift.

It could be the nasal spray that's blocking your nose.

They are only meant to be for short term use i got into the habit of using one when i had trouble with nose but was making it worse.

https://www.webmd.com/allergies/features/nasal-spray-are-you-overdoing-it

Obviously the Chest Infection/Cough is not related to using one hope u feel better soon.

• Thanks 1

Neither myself or Mrs Sidcow have had it to our knowledge despite both kids having it. 

We were both a bit off in the early days but as neither of us had been vaccinated (them not existing then) we would need to be very lucky and had an extremely mild reaction to it. 

We have been pretty careful in the whole episode though. 

35 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

It could be the nasal spray that's blocking your nose.

They are only meant to be for short term use i got into the habit of using one when i had trouble with nose but was making it worse.

https://www.webmd.com/allergies/features/nasal-spray-are-you-overdoing-it

Obviously the Chest Infection/Cough is not related to using one hope u feel better soon.

I try not to use it when I can but 18 hours or so after it one side of my nose feels complete closed up.

It seems to be easing slowly each day so that’s good news.

8 hours ago, regular_john said:

I apologise to the proprietor of the curry house for referring to his food as 'flavourless'.

8 hours ago, trekka said:

Hope it's all very mild for you

bad Korma?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

New Moderna dual vaccine coming out, apparently does the standard virus and omicron variants, only need it once every year too. Anybody for topping there profits up a couple more billion. Not for me thanks, I think I can manage minor symptoms.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

New Moderna dual vaccine coming out, apparently does the standard virus and omicron variants, only need it once every year too. Anybody for topping there profits up a couple more billion. Not for me thanks, I think I can manage minor symptoms.

What have you got to lose by having it? 

12 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I've only ever had the 2 and don't feel the need to have anymore

Can you say why I’m intrigued? Do you have background or qualifications in this area at academic level?

Â