Generic Virus Thread

villakram

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Me me me. Yes that is why the past 2 years I've gone nowhere done nothing obeyed every law. For my benefit. Of course ..

As have I. Still wearing a mask though. Especially in a private business who mandate it. If you don't like it, shop elsewhere.

Does the thought of not wearing sneakers to a nightclub which clearly states 'no sneakers' make you livid? Or would you just accept it's their business and they can choose to implement whichever rules they choose?

Edited by StefanAVFC

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Me me me. Yes that is why the past 2 years I've gone nowhere done nothing obeyed every law. For my benefit. Of course ..

You've literally proved my point.

It's a mask, why are you getting so aggravated?

• Like 1

The world will now forever be divided, regardless of COVID disappearing, about wearing a mask or not wearing a mask. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground now. People are either "Just wear a mask mate, it's only a mask lol" or "I don't have to wear one so I'm not going to wear one"

Stop the world, I want to get off.

39 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Because I've been doing it for 2 years and I don't want to anymore I want to get on with life and forget it. It's barely news. Cases are high but not going our of control. Deaths are stable. Patients in his hospital stable. Ventilators. Stable. We're all jabbed. Most people getting ill are severely vulnerable or not jabbed. When does it end!?!

So what if you’ve been doing it for 2 years? We all have and to be honest, this could be a way of life now.

Deaths stable? What does this even mean? An acceptable level of people dying? Be nice if we can have the death rate at zero don’t you think?

Have you that thought an old vulnerable person may have no choice but to use their local supermarket to get their shopping and if people like you pass something on and cause them to be hospitalised and potentially die, does that not bother you?

For the sake of wearing a mask for probably 10 or 15 minutes, it’s hardly an inconvenience.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Boomer stare of death in Sainsburys for non masking wearing. Yes it's 9 am on Friday and the crowd is 99.9% oldies and it is Sainsburys policy....but I'm not doing it anymore.

I'm jabbed 3 times. I've obeyed every law every lockdown every isolation.  I refuse to wear a mask. It is now law.

So you can look at me like I'm scum. Look at me like I'm selfish 

I sacrificed a good chunk of 18 months and did everything for you people. Getting jabbed to the day I literally could.

So tut and give me evils.  Sure .

I have to admit that I had already started my journey this morning when I realised I had fogotten my mask, and it was only after I had retrieved it, that I remembered, that the Sepreme Leader had spoken.

Your post actually illustrates why I have conformed to the social pressures - I thought the inconvenience was a better option to the rage you are feeling, and expressed so well.

I would rather put up with the mild discomfort of wearing a mask, than ruining my day, as I rage about the disapproval of those who see it as their right to dictate my behaviour.

As a brummie philosopher once said, 'Teck no notice!'.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I have to admit that I had already started my journey this morning when I realised I had fogotten my mask, and it was only after I had retrieved it, that I remembered, that the Sepreme Leader had spoken.

Your post actually illustrates why I have conformed to the social pressures - I thought the inconvenience was a better option to the rage you are feeling, and expressed so well.

I would rather put up with the mild discomfort of wearing a mask, than ruining my day, as I rage about the disapproval of those who see it as their right to dictate my behaviour.

As a brummie philosopher once said, 'Teck no notice!'.

But respecting guidelines, such as wearing masks, is not just about conforming to social pressures. Surely you're not suggesting that you did so simply because the government told you to and not because you considered how your actions might affect other people's lives?

22 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

But respecting guidelines, such as wearing masks, is not just about conforming to social pressures. Surely you're not suggesting that you did so simply because the government told you to and not because you considered how your actions might affect other people's lives?

Sorry to disappoint you but my compliance was entirely determined by self-interest.

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

As somebody absolutely sick to the back teeth of restrictions, argued against mandatory 3rd/4th/5th jabs etc.

Just wear a mask dude lol

Yeah, I’m the same. Even if it feels a bit pointless when I’ve just had covid a couple of weeks ago, and it all feels a bit arbitrary, I still wear one to the shops. Just not to be that guy, if for no other reason. 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its up to him if he doesnt want to wear leave him to it-its not required by law. So he is entitled to not wear it if he doesnt want to.

People are entitled to look at people who purposefully do not wear a mask on establishments that explicitly ask them to for the safety of staff and other customers as selfish. Particularly if it's worn as a badge of pride. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Boomer stare of death in Sainsburys for non masking wearing. Yes it's 9 am on Friday and the crowd is 99.9% oldies and it is Sainsburys policy....but I'm not doing it anymore.

I'm jabbed 3 times. I've obeyed every law every lockdown every isolation.  I refuse to wear a mask. It is now law.

So you can look at me like I'm scum. Look at me like I'm selfish 

I sacrificed a good chunk of 18 months and did everything for you people. Getting jabbed to the day I literally could.

So tut and give me evils.  Sure .

How do you know he was upset about the mask? Maybe you were flying low ?

3 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

So what if you’ve been doing it for 2 years? We all have and to be honest, this could be a way of life now.

Deaths stable? What does this even mean? An acceptable level of people dying? Be nice if we can have the death rate at zero don’t you think?

Have you that thought an old vulnerable person may have no choice but to use their local supermarket to get their shopping and if people like you pass something on and cause them to be hospitalised and potentially die, does that not bother you?

For the sake of wearing a mask for probably 10 or 15 minutes, it’s hardly an inconvenience.

The rate of deaths will never be zero though will it? Old and vulnerable people die every single year from viruses. They've been jabbed 3 times now and we've isolated and protected for 2 years.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It isn't 'up to him' if he goes to a business who explicitly state that a mask is mandatory. 

If you want to travel to some countries you need a yellow fever vaccine, or malaria. Would you go 'unvaccinated' to border control and tell them 'it's my choice, you have to let me in'?

EDIT: FWIW I think Dem has me on ignore so I doubt he'll read this. Would be useful if someone quotes me,

Yes, I agree. 

46 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It isn't 'up to him' if he goes to a business who explicitly state that a mask is mandatory. 

If you want to travel to some countries you need a yellow fever vaccine, or malaria. Would you go 'unvaccinated' to border control and tell them 'it's my choice, you have to let me in'?

EDIT: FWIW I think Dem has me on ignore so I doubt he'll read this. Would be useful if someone quotes me,

Well I'm certainly not going to.

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

Im not ignoring anyone ? Not sure what your on about

And just respond to the point, its not mandatory in any store as it stands. The law currently states they can ask but cant force you to wear one. They can try deny him entry but legally they cant make him

There is exceptions of course like health care settings and i think on tube and buses. But not if you wanted to go somewhere like river island for example 

Â