Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

So at what point will you stop wearing one? Unless you are committing to wearing one indefinitely it’s a bit unfair to criticize those who have stopped wearing one now at the guidance of the government IMO.

Personally I'll stop when the prevelance of the disease is far lower, I don't yet know where that figure is for me yet. Maybe when they get down for a couple of hundred a day they will stop reporting it.  Maybe that's when I will stop. 

But currently we've still got nearly 100,000 people a day, the disease is still everywhere. 

Let's face it we all know that the recommendation has only been dropped for Bojo to have a distraction from his shenanigans. The scientists all think we should be wearing them still. I'm far from convinced that just because the Big Dog trying to save his own skin has waived the requirement means that there is still no need for it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Personally I'll stop when the prevelance of the disease is far lower, I don't yet know where that figure is for me yet. Maybe when they get down for a couple of hundred a day they will stop reporting it.  Maybe that's when I will stop. 

But currently we've still got nearly 100,000 people a day, the disease is still everywhere. 

Let's face it we all know that the recommendation has only been dropped for Bojo to have a distraction from his shenanigans. The scientists all think we should be wearing them still. I'm far from convinced that just because the Big Dog trying to save his own skin has waived the requirement means that there is still no need for it. 

I personally think it’s all part of our general plan to be out of Covid first and ensure our economy is as strong as possible, essentially going for the herd immunity that was the plan from day 1, it doesn’t make it right but that’s where we are.

• Like 1

It seems to me that some who think people who decide to take the mask of are dicks are basing it on potential threat to others.

But others have had a vaccine. And a 3rd dose too. We now have drugs to cure COVID at early stages if you are volnourable. We also have a very high level of natural immunity. We are in a much better place than we were a year ago, although there is more reported infections. 

So for me it comes down to "how far can we push this argument". Are you a dick if you drive anything other than a 1ltr petrol fiesta considering  the environmental impact that will ruin our planet? Are you a dick if you decide to buy alcohol which hugely increases your chance of disease and taking up a hospital bed? Are you a dick if you give a kid chocolate if you know sugar which by all accounts is a disastrous and addictive thing to your body?

I chose these examples because science is very clear on them.

None of the above are good things to do, but I wouldn't call anyone a dick for doing them. 

Sure, it's better to wear a mask. It's also more considerate to wake up at 3am to do your shopping in the mode of the night to make sure you don't infect anyone. Why are you a dick and shop at 5pm after work? Can't you skip your 9pm Netflix and shop later? You have kids? Why can't you shop online? 

I get it's better to wear the mask. 

But let's not point fingers and ridicule people because of a decision they decide to make. We all make stupid, unhealthy, ridiculous decisions on daily basis. I doubt there is a single person who couldn't improve on their daily actions for health benefit of others.

I had my jabs and had COVID 3 weeks ago. I don't have COVID, I can't get infected, I can't infect anyone else. I don't have any symptoms. Am I a dick because when I went shopping today, for the first time in months I didn't wear a mask?

Edited by Mic09
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I will stop wearing a mask when I personally think it's the right time, apart from in places that request I wear a mask then I will persist. 

So maybe the people who dont wanna wear one now feel its the right time?

3 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I think the rule is that if Magna Carta is mentioned, you have to ask, "Did she die in vain?".

Correct.  Originally spoken by Tony Hancock.  Now used to show distain for idiots who think that 100% of the Magna Carta is legally valid in 2022.  

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So maybe the people who dont wanna wear one now feel its the right time?

You picked up the middle part of my post. I and personally being the pertinent elements. I personally will adhere to the rules that retailers and establishments set as I am not a word removed. When my mask comes off outside of those places will be down to me and evidence presented to me. 

Edited by Seat68

7 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

You picked up the middle part of my post. I and personally being the pertinent elements. I personally will adhere to the rules that retailers and establishments set as I am not a word removed. When my mask comes off outside of those places will be down to me and evidence presented to me. 

But it's not a rule - it's a reccomendation.

If it was a rule, sure. But they won't ask you to leave like they would a week ago. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

But it's not a rule - it's a reccomendation.

If it was a rule, sure. But they won't ask you to leave like they would a week ago. 

Are you sure? their announcement was to continue as is.  Never said changing from mandatory to recommended.  They even said it was a rule update.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Are you sure? their announcement was to continue as is.  Never said changing from mandatory to recommended.  They even said it was a rule update.

@Mic09Even their website continues to say the same as before

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/working-to-feed-the-nation-/latest-information--

• We are following government regulations and ask you to wear a face covering whilst in our stores, however, we completely understand if you have an exemption or reasonable excuse under the applicable regulations.

Edited by nick76

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

Am I a dick because when I went shopping today, for the first time in months I didn't wear a mask?

Yes!

Didn't bother quoting the rest because it’s just deflection to try and not be seen as a dick today!

Edited by nick76

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

If it's a rule, I have no beef with them enforcing it, and no problem with wearing a mask. I never had a problem with it.

But this looks like an old statement. It's no longer gov regulation, so it looks like hasn't been updated?

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yes!

Didn't bother quoting the rest because it’s just deflection to try and not be seen as a dick today!

So you don't go out the pub, don't go out to restaurants and low and behold have never been out near venerable people with a contagious illness. People need to relax a bit and live there lives.

Too be honest I haven't worn my mask for a while unless close to people, i.e supermarkets, enclosed spaces. I generally just follow the social distancing rule. I actually never had my booster either as this Omicron has never been bad enough to worry me.

Edited by foreveryoung

Â