Generic Virus Thread

villakram

2 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

that’s not really a fair comparison is it.

That's true.

The wife probably didn't explicitly ask the husband not to cheat on her, unlike some shops doing so with mask wearing.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, trekka said:

Probably the people who might be vulnerable or (like me) those who go and see vulnerable relatives.  Not all people are "venerable" but a whole bunch are vulnerable or might be close contacts to them. 

What’s wrong with the Japanese system of when you are feeling ill or know you are ill that you put one on?

1 minute ago, AVFCDAN said:

that’s not really a fair comparison is it.

It’s identical based on the sole argument of ‘I legally don’t have to do it so I won’t’ being perpetuated here. 

Just now, AVFCDAN said:

What’s wrong with the Japanese system of when you are feeling ill or know you are ill that you put one on?

That’s fair. Covid is always a symptomatic virus. 

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Bit idealistic some answers on here, some wanna be Mr perfects. If people don't want to wear a mask, who cares. I don't care for people who can't return a trolley, I wouldn't even think of them as selfish arseholes, I just maybe wouldn't wanna be associated with them.

Like I said previously on here, I wear a mask for my own safety, unfortunately I cannot think of everyone else all the time, an it's a little idealistic to think that person in front of me may be venerable.

But it's pretty reasonable to wear a mask in places that request it, no?

Completely fine to not wear a mask in all locations.  As you say, nothing "wrong" with that and you can't assume that people are vulnerable or not.  But to not wear one in a place that has very specifically requested that you do so?  That's just being a **** Representative for Wellingborough.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

That's true.

The wife probably didn't implicitly ask the husband not to cheat on her, unlike some shops doing so with mask wearing.

‘Please don’t cheat on me’

’its not against the law so I have every right to do it’ 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I think that's where things become difficult due to the number of people who may be asymptomatic but are still shedding the virus. 

Edited by trekka

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Married man cheats on his wife

’you can’t judge me because legally I did nothing wrong’ 

End scene

what a world 

But it happens mate, get on with your life and stop worrying about other people. Be the best you can be.

• Haha 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

But it happens mate, get on with your life and stop worrying about other people. Be the best you can be.

An potentially asymptomatic infected person who refuses to wear a mask because it’s not against a law is a selfish word removed regardless of whether it affects me or not. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

So at what point will you stop wearing one? Unless you are committing to wearing one indefinitely it’s a bit unfair to criticize those who have stopped wearing one now at the guidance of the government IMO.

If only I believed the government advice changed because of genuine scientific reasons rather than it just being a deflection tactic from scandal no. eleventytwelve

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I'm fairly sure it's also been proven that the symptoms of COVID appear at quite a late stage in the infection and the victim of the infection is shedding the virus long before they have symptoms

• Like 1

On 25/01/2022 at 18:40, sidcow said:

I miss the heady days of circular arguments about if measures were OTT or a waste of time. Intrusive or protectionist. People at constant loggerheads with nothing shifting the view of either side. The never ending, ever spiraling downwards bickering ultimately ending in immature and unnecessary insults between fellow posters. 

Heady days. 

Ah, it seems I was a little premature as the wheel keeps turning. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

5ulXCUn.jpg?resize=650,1124&ssl=1

Seen that before, its a good test. 

Unfortunately it also means that 88% of people who shop at Morrisons in Tamworth are absolute animals! 

Car park is littered with them. 

2 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

On the subject of shopping etiquette, I find it highly amusing at how virtuous I feel when I place the divider, for the person behind me in the check-out queue.

The feeling is dangerously close to feeling like the nicest boy in the school!

I frigging well do judge the arse hole in front of me who doesn't put the divider in place the snivelling little shit. 

Edited by sidcow

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Seen that before, its a good test. 

Unfortunately it also means that 88% of people who shop at Morrisons in Tamworth are absolute animals! 

Car park is littered with them. 

If you think that's bad you wanna go to Asda Walsall or Tesco by VP. The streets are littered with them, like people walk home with them, very strange......

• Like 1

Â