Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Yeah, there is a bit of clickbait here.   Lack of vaccine was one of the reasons amongst many but that's the chosen headline. He might also have a number of other conditions which make him unsuitable.

"MAN DENIED LIVER BECAUSE OF ALCOHOL ADDITICTION"  and also inoperable brain tumour.

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, there is a bit of clickbait here.   Lack of vaccine was one of the reasons amongst many but that's the chosen headline. He might also have a number of other conditions which make him unsuitable.

"MAN DENIED LIVER BECAUSE OF ALCOHOL ADDITICTION"  and also inoperable brain tumour.

Was that headline from the Grauniad?

• Haha 3

This thread had dropped off page one, which probably tells us something. 

Anyway, watching the item on the evening news about NHS staff who aren't vaccinated and thus may lose their jobs. They interviewed a few refusenik nurses, and I hoped I might be enlightened as to their (to me, unfathomable) reasons. Not one could come up with any argument except 'freedom'. I'm still baffled. Freedom from what? Nobody said "I think it's dangerous" or "It hasn't been tested" or "It's against my religion" - all of which I could understand, even if I thought they were absurd - just that they objected to being told they had to. But there must be literally hundreds of rules and restrictions in their lives that require a similar level of compliance. In the population at large, I can see why it would be inappropriate (and impractical) to make it compulsory. But frontline NHS staff, dealing with vunerable patients? It's a no brainer for me. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Anyway, watching the item on the evening news about NHS staff who aren't vaccinated and thus may lose their jobs. They interviewed a few refusenik nurses, and I hoped I might be enlightened as to their (to me, unfathomable) reasons. Not one could come up with any argument except 'freedom'. I'm still baffled. Freedom from what? Nobody said "I think it's dangerous" or "It hasn't been tested" or "It's against my religion" - all of which I could understand, even if I thought they were absurd - just that they objected to being told they had to. But there must be literally hundreds of rules and restrictions in their lives that require a similar level of compliance. In the population at large, I can see why it would be inappropriate (and impractical) to make it compulsory. But frontline NHS staff, dealing with vunerable patients? It's a no brainer for me. 

They've just been brainwashed by Facebook. That's pretty much what it is with most refusers at this point. There really isn't any logical reason left. They've just got so stuck in rabbit holes they can no longer think rationally.  It's the vax equivalent of saying "because" 

• Like 1

Boomer stare of death in Sainsburys for non masking wearing. Yes it's 9 am on Friday and the crowd is 99.9% oldies and it is Sainsburys policy....but I'm not doing it anymore.

I'm jabbed 3 times. I've obeyed every law every lockdown every isolation.  I refuse to wear a mask. It is now law.

So you can look at me like I'm scum. Look at me like I'm selfish 

I sacrificed a good chunk of 18 months and did everything for you people. Getting jabbed to the day I literally could.

So tut and give me evils.  Sure .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Look at me like I'm selfish 

Probably a good reason for that. Just wear a mask dude, it's literally such a minor inconvenience I don't understand what the issue is. We're still at 95k+ cases a day, why you would not wear a mask to protect yourself and others is beyond me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jones1328 said:

Probably a good reason for that. Just wear a mask dude, it's literally such a minor inconvenience I don't understand what the issue is. We're still at 95k+ cases a day, why you would not wear a mask to protect yourself and others is beyond me.

Because I've been doing it for 2 years and I don't want to anymore I want to get on with life and forget it. It's barely news. Cases are high but not going our of control. Deaths are stable. Patients in his hospital stable. Ventilators. Stable. We're all jabbed. Most people getting ill are severely vulnerable or not jabbed. When does it end!?!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Because I've been doing it for 2 years and I don't want to anymore I want to get on with life and forget it. It's barely news. Cases are high but not going our of control. Deaths are stable. Patients in his hospital stable. Ventilators. Stable. We're all jabbed. Most people getting ill are severely vulnerable or not jabbed. When does it end!?!

Covid agrees with you! 

You ignore a private company’s policy when you use their facility and you risk as you say their customers

19 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yes it's 9 am on Friday and the crowd is 99.9% oldies and it is Sainsburys policy....but I'm not doing it anymore.

but you don’t want to because…

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, mjmooney said:

The girl in The Wild One asks Marlon Brando, "What you rebelling against?", and Brando says, "What have you got?".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Simple question. How is wearing a mask in the shops stopping you from "getting on with life"?

Also, you trying to "forget it" when it comes to COVID doesn't automatically then mean that you're somehow bullet proof to either getting the virus or passing it onto others.

Cases are around 95K a day currently (with estimates this is likely to be 3-4x higher in reality). Just because you believe "its barely news" doesn't mean it's not still quite a major issue.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

I think it's a case of perspective. I'm at the other end of the scale to you, and can appreciate why the "oldies" may have been staring.

I'm 40, but at very high risk from Covid due to a chronic health condition I have. Not my fault, not anyone else's either. But not a choice I made. Due to meds I take, I haven't produced an antibody response to 5 covid jabs I've had. There's a few million people with the same circumstances I have, in the country who feel totally abandoned now people have stopped all the precautions. It really does mean a lot to me personally when I see people wearing a mask. During the last two years the only time I've been anywhere is to go to hospital. Due to my circumstances and the lifting of restrictions I'm going to continue to miss out on my birthdays, family occasions, time with friends, and all the nice things we're all keen to get back to. Anything people do to stop the spread is so warmly received by people like me.

I won't judge anybody who doesn't agree because I don't know their circumstances, just offering a perspective why people may "stare" if you're not wearing a mask.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Boomer stare of death in Sainsburys for non masking wearing. Yes it's 9 am on Friday and the crowd is 99.9% oldies and it is Sainsburys policy....but I'm not doing it anymore.

I'm jabbed 3 times. I've obeyed every law every lockdown every isolation.  I refuse to wear a mask. It is now law.

So you can look at me like I'm scum. Look at me like I'm selfish 

I sacrificed a good chunk of 18 months and did everything for you people. Getting jabbed to the day I literally could.

So tut and give me evils.  Sure .

'Me me me'

• Like 3

Â