Generic Virus Thread

villakram

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think your mis-undertanding me stefan.

Im not saying and have not said once that you shouldnt wear a mask if your asked to. All i am saying is if the law says he doesnt have to he doesnt.

Where have i said i agree with the logic of not wearing masks? If you look i actually havent said that in any capacity. All i am saying he is entitled to. Just because i said he is entitled to do that that doesnt mean

A) i do it

B ) agree with it

C) think they should stand their ground

I hope that clears up my position

But if he's within a private business, who say 'wear a mask' not wearing one just shows you're a selfish word removed who doesn't give a **** about doing things unless the law tells them to. He's entitled not to wear one, and people are entitled to judge him, tut at him, and the business is entitled not to serve him.

See the trolley analogy on the previous page.

Edited by StefanAVFC

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

But if he's within a private business, who say 'wear a mask' not wearing one just shows you're a selfish word removed who doesn't give a **** about doing things unless the law tells them to. He's entitled not to wear one, and people are entitled to judge him, tut at him, and the business is entitled not to serve him.

See the trolley analogy above.

I dont judge people not my charchter. If they dont its down to them they know the risks involved 

More to life  🤷‍♂️

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I dont judge people not my charchter. If they dont its down to them they know the risks involved 

More to life  🤷‍♂️

It’s not about judgement it’s about being a decent member of society and doing things not only because the law tells you to. 

say I walked into Morrisons and emptied the shelves into a trolley then walked out. I haven’t broken the law but I’ve been a dick. Do you judge me? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It’s not about judgement it’s about being a decent member of society and doing things not only because the law tells you to. 

say I walked into Morrisons and emptied the shelves into a trolley then walked out. I haven’t broken the law but I’ve been a dick. Do you judge me? 

Ive had that scenario  before i didnt judge them i just approached them (this was toilet roll gate) and just said to them do you really need that much toilet roll? Can you not see the crisis we are dealing with share with others for gods sake. Thats how i deal with situations. My opinion is irrelevent to them so why should i care? 

I know thats not the point your making but what im saying is your not going to force every person  to abide by the mask wearing  requirements in settings they are not legally required to

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ive had that scenario  before i didnt judge them i just approached them (this was toilet roll gate) and just said to them do you really need that much toilet roll? Can you not see the crisis we are dealing with share with others for gods sake. Thats how i deal with situations. My opinion is irrelevent to them so why should i care? 

So you did the same thing as someone asking Rodders to wear a mask would do?

if society only relied on the stick of only doing things you’re legally supposed to do, we’d be in the gutter. 

it’s not about forcing, but you’re pretty much saying it’s his choice and he’s entitled to not be judged. He absolutely is entitled to be judged if he’s asked politely by the business he’s within. 

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

No, you’ll never persuade everyone of anything.

What you can do, is keep the information pressure on people so those that hadn’t thought of an angle, like the protection of shop staff, or the immuno suppressed, or the vulnerable will be reminded and informed.

Some of those, being told of staff’s wishes, or the needs of someone that has kids to feed but has also had a kidney transplant, will decide they should really keep wearing the mask. Sometimes genuinely forgetting, but usually staying in the habit through a sense of community.

Others, well some others are going to be selfish arseholes that think they are the centre of the universe because they are mentally immature. There’s little you can do about those, and we shouldn’t spend too much time worrying about them. Even if you persuade them they will be fined for not wearing a mask, they’ll do something else equally selfish in their shitty car tomorrow, or put their feet on the train seats, a vandalise a bus stop. 

But keeping up the mask wearing message offers people the chance to remember the world doesn’t revolve around them.

If you find me in a shop and I’m wearing a mask, I might not be a virtue signalling leftie that has loved the lockdowns. I might be someone that has recently been in a potentially risky environment, and decided it might be safer for strangers, if I wore a basic little mask for the next 8 minutes.

Bang on

49 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Never understood the push back on wearing masks in the first place. It's no inconvenience at all, it's not especially uncomfortable really. The reasons for wearing a mask make good logical sense.

It would make sense if people weren't slinging them round their neck at the first opportunity, grabbing the front of them with their dirty hands, removing them when they get wet and replacing them with a clean, unused one, &c.

It is an inconvenience if you forgot one - as I did any number of times when it was mandatory.

1 hour ago, jimmygreaves said:

Never understood the push back on wearing masks in the first place. It's no inconvenience at all, it's not especially uncomfortable really. The reasons for wearing a mask make good logical sense.

I understand the reticence with having a vaccine injection. It's a (very minor) medical procedure and can be unnerving for some.

But the mask thing.... just wear a bloody mask.

So at what point will you stop wearing one? Unless you are committing to wearing one indefinitely it’s a bit unfair to criticize those who have stopped wearing one now at the guidance of the government IMO.

When I go into work without a mask and sit around other people all day without a mask, then I get home and change and go to the gym  and exercise around 20 other people without a mask it’s only when I pop into Asda for something for tea that I suddenly become selfish for not popping a mask on, just doesn’t make sense to me I’m afraid.

Just now, AVFCDAN said:

At a time when government guidance says you don’t have to? I’ve been wearing one up until yesterday. 

Yes, absolutely.  Sainsbury's are asking customers to maintain mask wearing.

You guys are seemingly incredibly proud to be sticking two fingers up at them.  Go you!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

So at what point will you stop wearing one? Unless you are committing to wearing one indefinitely it’s a bit unfair to criticize those who have stopped wearing one now at the guidance of the government IMO.

What if some people never do? What if businesses still choose to mandate it?

so what?

‘The law doesn’t force me to do it so I’m not doing it’ isn’t the gotcha you think it is. 

doing things that we aren’t forced to do by the law but society accepts as the right thing to do is what makes you a good person 

The law doesn’t force you to stay faithful to your partner, put your trolley back, or not to park in the child and parent spaces if you’re alone yet you’re a bit of a word removed if you do those things and most people accept that  

Why is such a tiny inconvenience to people causing such childish, selfish behaviour? 

Edited by StefanAVFC

Bit idealistic some answers on here, some wanna be Mr perfects. If people don't want to wear a mask, who cares. I don't care for people who can't return a trolley, I wouldn't even think of them as selfish arseholes, I just maybe wouldn't wanna be associated with them.

Like I said previously on here, I wear a mask for my own safety, unfortunately I cannot think of everyone else all the time, an it's a little idealistic to think that person in front of me may be venerable.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

If people don't want to wear a mask, who cares

Probably the people who might be vulnerable or (like me) those who go and see vulnerable relatives.  Not all people are "venerable" but a whole bunch are vulnerable or might be close contacts to them. 

Â