Pre Match

TheAuthority

18 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm fired up at the thought of people turning on Smith and the players, if we don't get a result against Watford, because they only look at table position and ignore form.

Questioning being down in January when currently 1pt from safety is absurd. Where were Leicester 12 games from end of season the season before they won the PL?

Yeah ok mate, I think you're TOO fired up... I'll leave you to it 👍

• Haha 1

Watford's form doesn't take away from the fact that we need a win, it's not about their form, it's about what we need from the game, it's the most important game of the season so far, we're playing to climb out of the relegation zone and to prevent the gap between us and seventeenth place getting any bigger, before we run out of games, and not only that but to pull one of our rivals back into the relegation zone, the result could be the difference between staying up or going down at the end of the season.

• Like 4

I don't care about Watford's form... what I care about is we need five or six wins to stay up, and if we don't get them against Watford at VP and Bournemouth away then I don't see where they're coming from. Four points absolute minimum needed from the next two, otherwise we're deep in the shit.

1 hour ago, blunther said:

I don't care about Watford's form... what I care about is we need five or six wins to stay up, and if we don't get them against Watford at VP and Bournemouth away then I don't see where they're coming from. Four points absolute minimum needed from the next two, otherwise we're deep in the shit.

We need 6 points, having just drawn with Brighton. We cant afford to take 5 from Brighton, Bournemouth, Watford. Well we can, as long as we start to take 5 from the likes of  Spurs, Arsenal Man U etc. But I haven't seen us do that yet.

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

We need 6 points, having just drawn with Brighton. We cant afford to take 5 from Brighton, Bournemouth, Watford. Well we can, as long as we start to take 5 from the likes of  Spurs, Arsenal Man U etc. But I haven't seen us do that yet.

i think we need to do that anyway. all the other teams around us have done, and will likely do again before the end of the season.

If it’s possible we might do well to take Hause out of the starting 11, he looks like giving goals away at the moment, maybe get Engels in? It’ll help us a lot if Sarr is out, he’s been integral to Watfords improvement. 
We must find a way to win this one, it’ll put a dent back in Watfords confidence and obviously be a huge lift to us. I know we’re at home but I wouldn’t want to see us go all out as we’ve seen before, I think Watford arrive at ours full of confidence and expecting to win. We must be determined to get a clean sheet and compete well in midfield. If we are good in those areas then we will earn the right for a forward to eek something out up top. We do have the personnel to work a bit of magic. 

• Like 2

This is a huge bonus for us tomorrow night.

Watford face an anxious wait on the extent of Ismaila Sarr's hamstring injury the winger suffered against Tottenham.

Boss Nigel Pearson has already ruled the 21-year-old out of his side's Premier League trip to Aston Villa on Tuesday night but will be hoping the absence isn't any longer.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11686/11913476/ismaila-sarr-watford-set-for-anxious-wait-on-wingers-hamstring-injury

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I'll believe it when I see the team sheet!

Me too, never ever wish injury or illness on anyone but if he is not playing that is good news as he's looked very dangerous for them of late.

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Sarr is a massive loss for them if true.

One thing I hate about this fixture is that Deeney more often than not, seems to turn into Drogba. We need to hurt him early.

Well Mings was missing last time so hopefully this time will be different.

• Like 1

Watford will see us as a soft touch and a team that can be bullied into submission, partially from their uptick in performance and adopted identity and partially, well because we are a touch soft.

We have to show that this is not so. It's going to be really tough as we are really struggling for goals. One of those nights under the lights required.

We still have to improve in midfield, but Watford losing Sarr is a positive for us. We also have Mings back for this return game. The concern at the moment is Hause, pretty certain we’ll see Watford press him relentlessly if he starts. Maybe Hause will step it up and sort himself out after a shaky 2-3 games. The game should be different to the Vicarage Road showing. 

Whilst I appreciate its wrong to wish pain on a player, I would love to see Sloth Deeney go down with a game ending injury in the first minute. Nothing too serious, just a broken ankle or leg or something. 

Edited by It's Your Round
Typo

6 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

If it’s possible we might do well to take Hause out of the starting 11, he looks like giving goals away at the moment

Recency bias? Reina should've saved goal and do you post everytime Mings mistake leads to goal he should be dropped? No one seems to even though he's been guilty for several.

Engels won't play on left of 3 because not left footed

Dreading the game. We need 3 points simple as that and I don’t care how we do it. An ugly 1-0 will do. Deeney is their talisman and I think we need Mings to give him an early kick or word in his ear to put him off his stride.  They bullied us a few weeks ago and we need to show some fight here.  

Smith is very likely going to play DD in the middle, but I really wouldn’t. We need Nakamba’s legs, but some craft alongside him.  Luiz gets the nod for me.  The only other issue is do we persist with El Ghazi up top or give a start to Vassilev? 

----------------------------Reina----------------------------

--------------Konsa----Mings----Hause-------------

Guilbert-----Nakamba-----Luiz--------Targett

---------El Ghazi/Trez-----------Grealish--------

--------------------El Ghazi/Vassilev------------------

• Like 1