Pre Match

TheAuthority

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

They are actually favourites with bookies. Not a lot of love for Villa out there! If you do fancy Villa to win then they are pretty good value.

Could be because they are 2nd behind Liverpool in last 6 form table having not lost a game since Liverpool away 7 games ago

• Haha 1

On 19/01/2020 at 17:33, The Fun Factory said:

Still have bad memories when they beat us last time we were in the prem with Troy Deeney giving it large to the Holte End. That was when I knew we would go down. Don't do it again Villa.

Yeah that was real horrendous----time for revenge and jump over them up the table----

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Could be because they are 2nd behind Liverpool in last 6 form table having not lost a game since Liverpool away 7 games ago

Yep. They are certainly in form and we lost our last home fixture 1-6! Was still a bit surprised to see them favourites though.

Just now, M_Afro said:

Yep. They are certainly in form and we lost our last home fixture 1-6! Was still a bit surprised to see them favourites though.

If you were a bookie would you not make a team that had lost once in last 8 to champions elect favourite against a team in the relegation zone that got pumped last home game? 

3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

He keeps backing us to win. He keeps getting it wrong but he certainly sees something there.

He picked us to beat Norwich and Southampton. Every other time I've checked going back to December he's picked us to lose

A lot of us seem to be really fearful of Watford and there is no denying they have put a great run of results together after under performing for much of the season. They are though still a mid to lower table team who, even without a recognised striker, if we are at it we can get 3 points out of tomorrow.

Hopefully VP will be rocking tomorrow under the lights and it will be a special night.

• Like 2

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Most likely out. Shame we don't have Samatta to get on an Elmo cross

I'm more worried about Deulofeu up against Elmo. From memory, everything in the first half at Vicarage Road was coming down his side and early on we didn't look like we had a clue how to handle it. 

Hopefully he can't be arsed tomorrow night.

8 minutes ago, Hornso said:

I'm more worried about Deulofeu up against Elmo. From memory, everything in the first half at Vicarage Road was coming down his side and early on we didn't look like we had a clue how to handle it. 

Hopefully he can't be arsed tomorrow night.

Yeah he certainly got schooled

Posted in my thread in Other Football:-

i've been asked by club if i'd like go to watch Aston Villa vs Watford. :) 

Massive game for us on Thursday Night in FA Cup 3rd Round Replay we're playing Watford at Prenton Park with winner playing Man Utd in FA 4th Round.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Most likely out. Shame we don't have Samatta to get on an Elmo cross

Surely he won’t miss the game because of a tooth issue! Just take some pain killers and get out there. He’s one of our most aggressive players. Needs to player. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Reina

Guilbert  Konsa  Mings  Hause  Targett

Nakamba    Drinkwater

Grealish

Vassiliev        El Ghazi

Biggest mistake Smith made last week was playing Trez & Grealish both wide whilst playing wing backs. Completely pointless.

Jack needs to be in the middle of the pitch dictating play, this then allows Drinkwater and Nakamba to do the dirty work behind him.

Alternatively we could scrap the 3 at the back as it seems to be causing us more problems than answers right now.

Reina

Guilbert   Engels   Mings   Targett

Nakamba   Drinkwater

Grealish

Trez             Vassilez      El Ghazi

Luiz to come off the bench in the second half for a 20-30 minute period to inject some quality into the side.