Pre Match

TheAuthority

Won't be easy given our pathetic performance against them 3 weeks ago but we will/should have a much different starting 11 tonight with perhaps only 4 (possibly 5) players on the pitch that started the previous tie. Mings back should help deal/cope with Deeney if nothing else.

This is how we lined up in December :

Heaton

Elmo, Konsa, House, Targett

Jota, Luiz, Hourihane, Lansbury, Grealish

Wesley

Surely we're looking to not get done twice by them but rather get a little bit of revenge for last game. I want to see us go out there and stick it to them! someone is going to have to pull these smug bastards back to planet earth and show them they're not upper table material and that better be us. UTV!

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Won't be easy given our pathetic performance against them 3 weeks ago but we will/should have a much different starting 11 tonight with perhaps only 4 (possibly 5) players on the pitch that started the previous tie. Mings back should help deal/cope with Deeney if nothing else.

This is how we lined up in December :

Heaton

Elmo, Konsa, House, Targett

Jota, Luiz, Hourihane, Lansbury, Grealish

Wesley

I forgot it was that bad a line up. No wonder we got skinned!

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I invited my mate over to watch, I just moved cities so he's a new mate really.

He's really excited. He was like 'do I need a villa shirt?' and wrote out all of the words to Allez Allez Allez.

How do I let him down gently?

guessing he has never seen us play if he's really excited... Chelsea V Arsenal starts at 8.15 if the first half is as terrible as last week and you want to put him out of his misery ;)

Just show him this gif :

7iUEOwP.gif

Sums up being a villa fan pretty well, the odd moment of joy followed quickly by reality coming crashing down.

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Haha 4

Need to play Vassilev. Have to limit the time their defenders have on the ball.

Need better ball retention.  More of that fancy Brazilian shizzle we saw in that little spell against Leicester!!

Need to be clever and draw the fouls out of their midfield players.  Get a few of them on a few yellows and that will help to nullify the physical advantage they have.

But most of all we need to show some bollox!! Go out there and take it to them!  Play like it's the last game you've got boys!!!

6 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

A must not lose game tonight. We have to improve our recent home form but Watford are on a good run. We have to be made harder to score against but I think Reina is going to be busy tonight.  Don't understand what has happened to Engels had about one poor game and has disappeared. I can't see Vassiliev tonight unless Smith is going to make  a massive ultimatum a  to the board that we need to bring in more strikers. More likely El Ghazi again up top.

I think the amount of different set ups and lack of genuine first choice starters for Villa shows how poor our form is at the moment and lack of coherent style or play and identity. We have  a lot of 5 out of 10 meh players who are much of a muchness apart from a couple of class players like Grealish and Mings.

i agree with most of your your post  - but if we want to stay up this for me is must win. You have to beat teams around you realistically to survive .  

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

I invited my mate over to watch, I just moved cities so he's a new mate really.

He's really excited. He was like 'do I need a villa shirt?' and wrote out all of the words to Allez Allez Allez.

How do I let him down gently?

bottle of hazelnut Soplica should do the trick

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Pearson is a thug despite his weasel words about JG. I hope that Jack is intact at the end of this game, because if he does pick up a serious injury that's one less team for Pearson to worry about in this season's relegation battle!

Meh, i dunno. Pearson has this reputation as been a prick and and a bit cold etc. Sanchez Flores couldn't get a tune out of them. You dont play the way they are playing right now if you aren't enjoying your football. He's not the chest beating ape the media like to portray him as. They look a pretty happy, highly motivated and committed bunch to me.

I think Pearson and Watford are overrated at the moment. He has got some good battling performances out of them, but they are still a very beatable team.

We will be putting out a decent 11, and these night games at VP seem to bring out the best in our players.

Very hopeful of 3 points tonight.