Pre Match

TheAuthority

Just now, PieFacE said:

Luiz would have started for me after his Brighton performance. 

Drinkwater wouldn't have started for me after every performance he's had so far :trollface:

Yeah you'd think after that second half Luiz might have got the nod. I'd expect him to feature though. Hopefully not when we're chasing the game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Bringing out the worst in villa fans again

All the talk of getting VP rocking and a great positive atmosphere giving us an edge... Team named... **** this shit everyone out we've already lost 

Its ridiculous 

You're getting Villa Talk mixed up with Villa Park.  What's written on here by the keyboard warriors rarely translates to the stands. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Gust of wind again was it? 

Ran into a feather dropped from a bird from great height. 

Edited by sidcow

Definitely Luiz over Drinkwater for me but otherwise there’s not much more he can do. I get a feeling that Deano would be happy with a draw today. Dean is obviously nailing his colours to the Drinkwater mast! Hope it works for him because it will be bedlam if it doesn’t!

6 minutes ago, romavillan said:

https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

Davis thigh, expected back 1st Feb but no mention of Engels.

tbh, add the Engels debacle (or whatever it is), to all the other weirdness, ie: selection wackiness, formation wackiness, playing Drinkwater in alll games when not at all fit - does he have something in his contract guaranteeing a start?!!?

im really drifting towards the fence with Deano.

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Definitely Luiz over Drinkwater for me but otherwise there’s not much more he can do. I get a feeling that Deano would be happy with a draw today. Dean is obviously nailing his colours to the Drinkwater mast! Hope it works for him because it will be bedlam if it doesn’t!

You'd hope Drinkwater is showing something special in training but if he turns up and performs like he did at the weekend again then serious questions need to be asked.

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

Christ, I can’t quite believe he’s started the team that was losing the last game horribly, not the one that did well and rescued a draw. Baffling. 

sticking with 433 even though everyone but him knew it wasnt working - baffling

drinkwater starting every game when clearly not fit? (does he have a guaranteed start clause in his contract?) - baffling

Engels - baffling

same team that was so rubbish against Brighton - baffling

just....baffling.

I am starting to wonder....

• Like 1