Pre Match

TheAuthority

8 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Reina

Guilbert  Konsa  Mings  Hause  Targett

Nakamba    Drinkwater

Grealish

Vassiliev        El Ghazi

I'd be happy with this. I think Nakamba needs a player like DD near him. Could even put Luiz further forward for Vassilev/AEG

Edited by Kiwivillan

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I hope Indiana plays

Listening to DS yesterday I get the feeling he will start Vassiliev. There was a picture doing the rounds yesterday of Guillbert with a fat cheek, something about his teeth so I assume he's out.  

I'd like to see:

Reina

Konsa Mings Hause

Elmo           Luiz Nakemba         Targett

Elghazi        Vassiliev       Grealish

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Listening to DS yesterday I get the feeling he will start Vassiliev. There was a picture doing the rounds yesterday of Guillbert with a fat cheek, something about his teeth so I assume he's out.  

I'd like to see:

Reina

Konsa Mings Hause

Very probable

16 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Don't know why everyone is pinning their hopes on an U23s player that's not even a striker. Lets him come on as a sub. Otherwise he'll be written off before he has started. 

Milner had played about 50 games by 18. Played up front for Newcastle just before he came to us, I remember watching. Think they had a striker crisis

Edited by Kiwivillan

A must not lose game tonight. We have to improve our recent home form but Watford are on a good run. We have to be made harder to score against but I think Reina is going to be busy tonight.  Don't understand what has happened to Engels had about one poor game and has disappeared. I can't see Vassiliev tonight unless Smith is going to make  a massive ultimatum a  to the board that we need to bring in more strikers. More likely El Ghazi again up top.

I think the amount of different set ups and lack of genuine first choice starters for Villa shows how poor our form is at the moment and lack of coherent style or play and identity. We have  a lot of 5 out of 10 meh players who are much of a muchness apart from a couple of class players like Grealish and Mings.

Edited by The Fun Factory

2 hours ago, Herman22 said:

I'd like to see:

Reina

Konsa Mings Hause

Think this is most likely.  Really need to come out of the blocks fast and ideally score early to put them under pressure. And keep the ball away from Deeney. 

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

He's there for aerial ability in defence

https://mobile.twitter.com/whoscored/status/1217459422252978181

14 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Think this is most likely.  Really need to come out of the blocks fast and ideally score early to put them under pressure. And keep the ball away from Deeney. 

I think if you consider these two posts you know why Hause will start tonight. Expect Hause to step onto Deeney when Watford hit the ball long. Mings and Konsa will look for the second balls. 

It's going to be guerilla warfare out there tonight.  Starting that young kid would be suicide he will so get munched! however bringing him on for the last 30mins to drag their centre halves around the way he did against Brighton is the way forward.

Drinkwater must start. and have instructions to put an early reducer on Delafeou, the way he sorted out maupay. Mings will have to do a job on the super annoying Deeney who we always seem to have problems with.

Win these little individual battles and Jack will do the rest.