Pre Match

TheAuthority

Dean is really determined to get Drinkwater fit isn’t he? By hook or by crook. Funny that he said Kodj wasn’t up to the required fitness levels to play and then he plays Drinkwater who is patently not up to those ‘expected standards’.

Drinkwater’s shirt will be a deep burgundy colour within the first half hour. 

Hope he can provide some leadership in the middle of the park while sweating so profusely. 

• Like 3

Would have liked to have seen Vassilev from the start but heh it is what it is and we get behind them.

Vassilev can come on and change the game with an injection of pace when its needed.

Come on Villa, do it......

• Like 1

Yet again poor team selection by dean smith - vassilev should have started as should luis in place of drinkwater and trez - I fear the worst - if he picked the right team in the first place we wouldn’t need to rely on subs to turn the game 

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Bust up with the coaching staff from numerous sources .

well....if thats the case it wouldnt surprise me if whatever he said is true, he doesnt seem like a tool but who knows.

He probably called out Deanos idiotic tactics/selection choices or something....

we are missing probably our second best defender because.......words were spoken?

• Like 1

Other than DL for Drinkwater and maybe blooding Vassilev from the start (which is probably unwise), there isn’t much we can do in this formation and with the current personnel. 

Key for me is the point made by @bannedfromHandV : they’ve got to be on it from minute one. Not decide to play after conceding 

• Like 2