Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

58 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

The fact that you're still banging on about his apparent slow lethargic presence, shows that you're opinion of him blinds you from seeing his improvement before his injury.

Haha

Blinds him from one game? He was abysmal against Watford, missing a sitter and poor against Norwich. Burnley was much better but let's not pretend he had been showing lots of improvement over a few weeks. 

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He should have 2 goals against Liverpool. Nothing wrong with that...

Cracking header. 

edit: there was controversial VAR offside in the buildup. They were playing Liverpool after all. 

Class header. Made even better by the fact he was in the air for a good 5 minutes before he made contact with the ball. 

• Like 1

On 26/01/2020 at 19:02, DCJonah said:

Gregg Evan's mentioned the release fee and made a good point. 

Why didn't we activate it January 1st and why have no other clubs activated a fairly low amount?

I think he is going to be better than what we've had and will play his part but I think he will still struggle and expectations should be realistic. He isn't going to take the league by storm but I've said numerous times, he doesn't need to in order to help save us.

Was the release fee widely known? I imagine his previous club wouldn’t advertise it so it would only be a case of his agent ringing around clubs asking if they knew about a release clause and would they be interested in the player. 

On 25/01/2020 at 16:09, Vive_La_Villa said:

His biggest quality seems to be headers and thats something were massively missing.

Yes agreed, also we should of brought a new Winger in, were going to struggle to service headers to Samatta, our Wingers find it tough to supply a decent cross.

Our best crossers I believe have been target, Guilbert and of course Jack unless he takes corners where we then may as well pass the ball to there keeper lol.

13 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Anyone want to come to the pub and watch?

:D

Samatta versus Leicester (other aston villa players may be involved) Brilliant

Also curious how they misspelt Samatta but got Leicester right. I sometimes struggle to spell Leicester

• Haha 3

Â