Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

On 23/01/2020 at 11:57, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've not seen him play, but there's something about his character that seems very very likeable. He won't have to do exceptionally well to become a favourite of mine methinks. 

He reminds me of Kevin Hart he does, especially when he smiles. All we need now is to bring the Rock in, Karen Gillian and Jack black and we can have our very own Jumanji at VillaPark.

Waiting for Samatta to say: What in the Sam Hill just happened to him.

Edited by Dave-R

Did anyone find out for sure if he's allowed to play in the 2nd leg? I'm not sure if players registered after the 1st leg are illegible for the 2nd leg 

22 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Did anyone find out for sure if he's allowed to play in the 2nd leg? I'm not sure if players registered after the 1st leg are illegible for the 2nd leg 

He's been granted a work permit and is 100% allowed to participate on Tuesday.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Are we sure because I have heard different on twitter. 

He can play the rules are easily accessible online

6.2.2 in the case of a Premier League Club, one who would be registered and eligible to participate in a Premier League match commencing at the same time and on the same date as the Competition match in accordance with the Premier League Rules, or would have been but for the operation of Premier League Rule U.1.1 (Squad List).

https://www.efl.com/carabao-cup/about-the-carabao-cup/carabao-cup-rules--regulations/

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Junxs said:

I notice he's wearing the number 20 on his training gear, not always the same squad number as training number from past experience though

They are selling shirts with a 20 on them so there are going to be some angry fans if that’s not his number.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Fully expect him to have a similar impact as Haaland has at Dortmund.

5 goals in 2 games shouldn't be out of reach. Or maybe even better?

Is so you can slag him, Dean, Suso and anyone else at the club off when he doesn't???

You love hyper-expectations don't you?

How about he just settles quickly, gets stuck in and improves the dynamic of our attack first....anything else is a bonus!

Edited by New_Hope
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Junxs said:

I'm not sure if players registered after the 1st leg are illegible for the 2nd leg 

Sorry, could you use a different font? I can't quite make that out. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Fully expect him to have a similar impact as Haaland has at Dortmund.

5 goals in 2 games shouldn't be out of reach. Or maybe even better?

I can't wait for your clinical insights into Samatta's performances 

• Like 2

Â