Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

21 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Shades of John Carew about this anyone?

Experienced and international team striker signed in January in the prime of his career from a European club playing in the Champions League, replacing an outgoing forward who was performing badly for us, a big personality...

Hopefully Samatta becomes such a cult hero!

Nope.

Carew had played in a CL final with Valencia before joining us. And played in clubs like Roma and Lyon.

Carew played in some of the top clubs in Europe before joining us.

Benteke is a much better comparison. Carew had a miles better career than them both when joining the Villa.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, useless said:

At Bodymoor Heath...

I want to see him head a ball into the goal in training -- our players will shit themselves at this new discovery. 

Also, just a word on his posture and decorum in that video: he's going out on the training pitch for the first time at a new club. Head up, eyes forward, confident. Little bit playful with the hat maybe. Seems like the sort of person who doesn't hide and wants to get stuck in. Compare with Wes's posture when walking out to training in those first few vids we saw...

Of courser, none of that translates into his ability as a footballer but I think it bodes well for him settling in.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've not seen him play, but there's something about his character that seems very very likeable. He won't have to do exceptionally well to become a favourite of mine methinks. 

Yeah it's an odd one isn't it? I have a good feeling about him based on pretty much nothing 😊

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 2

Â