Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

I hope we don't have to high an expectation of Ally he's cost less than half of what Wes did and it seems we are expecting him to save our season. Someone on the pre-match is going on about the Holte under floodlights singing his name and him firing us into Europe ffs! Let's give the guy a chance he cost the same as Trez but the expectation seems so much higher!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I hope we don't have to high an expectation of Ally he's cost less than half of what Wes did and it seems we are expecting him to save our season. Someone on the pre-match is going on about the Holte under floodlights singing his name and him firing us into Europe ffs! Let's give the guy a chance he cost the same as Trez but the expectation seems so much higher!

He has a very good goalscoring record in the Europa League and did well in the Champions League.

Pretty sure he cost what he did because we paid his £8.5m release clause.

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

He has a very good goalscoring record in the Europa League and did well in the Champions League.

Pretty sure he cost what he did because we paid his £8.5m release clause.

He's hit double figures for league games twice in the last five years that's what counts.

Not heard of any release clause?  27 year old playing in the Belgium league 8 mil is a very low 'release clause"

Just watched his YouTube clip again.  He looks good but not clinical. Also likes to run past players but it won't be as easy for him in the Premier League. 

I think we're going to have to be very patient with him as he gets up to speed with this league.  I think some fans are expecting too much from the off.

His biggest quality seems to be headers and thats something were massively missing.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just watched his YouTube clip again.  He looks good but not clinical. Also likes to run past players but it won't be as easy for him in the Premier League. 

I think we're going to have to be very patient with him as he gets up to speed with this league.  I think some fans are expecting too much from the off.

His biggest quality seems to be headers and thats something were massively missing.

We get a lot of good balls into the box, especially with Targett playing, and I think his aerial threat alone will be a huge upgrade. Remember how dangerous we looked on balls into the box last season with Tammy leading the line?

• Like 2

Looking at the clips of him which isn't the best barometer of a players all round ability, what stands out for me is his movement, especially between the lines. His off ball movement looks really good to in close quarters. Always looking for the return pass. Exactly what we we've missed up front imo.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zab6359 said:

he might only need 1 or 2 goals for that to happen but i get your point! 

Gregg Evan's mentioned the release fee and made a good point. 

Why didn't we activate it January 1st and why have no other clubs activated a fairly low amount?

I think he is going to be better than what we've had and will play his part but I think he will still struggle and expectations should be realistic. He isn't going to take the league by storm but I've said numerous times, he doesn't need to in order to help save us.

• Like 1

Â