Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

Hopefully he has something about him, and can hit the ground running and snatch a few.

We don't create many chances, we don't pass the ball forward with anywhere near enough quality or sharpness.
I don't envy the lad to be honest with you, he has a tough task I feel, and again there is nobody there to ease the load.

14 hours ago, Jareth said:

I have a theory that our new 50 million Tanzanian fans who were tweeting their prayers for Villa - have literally got us that win today. And I aint religious. 

This is how we are going to beat FFP...

Sign players from countries with very few (if any) current or historical ambassadors to the Premier League and boost shirt sales!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

This is how we are going to beat FFP...

Sign players from countries with very few (if any) current or historical ambassadors to the Premier League and boost shirt sales!

Reading your post I thought it was going to say:

“sign players from countries with poor but pious populations, who also love their footballers.” 

Shades of John Carew about this anyone?

Experienced and international team striker signed in January in the prime of his career from a European club playing in the Champions League, replacing an outgoing forward who was performing badly for us, a big personality...

Hopefully Samatta becomes such a cult hero!

Edited by fightoffyour

I’ve sent the picture of Samatta to a Tanzian friend and here what he answered:

”Yes he is our national team captain.His dream come true to play Premier League. It's so lovely to see him play my friend favorite club”.

I think this kind of signings are helpful for the commercial side. But we need quality ones. I think Samatta is, Nakamba done very well in some games. The one who isn’t doing good and I can’t actually see him cutting off is Trezeguet. He’s a hard worker but he lacks a lot as a footballer. 

27 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Shades of John Carew about this anyone?

Experienced and international team striker signed in January in the prime of his career from a European club playing in the Champions League, replacing an outgoing forward who was performing badly for us, a big personality...

Hopefully Samatta becomes such a cult hero!

Thats a bit of a long shot as far as shades are concerned...

Carew had played for some of the biggest clubs in Spain, Italy and France and was a relatively well known name across the continent...

OK, Norway aren't an international powerhouse in the grand scheme of things - but they have certainly produced some very good players over the years... More-so than Tanzania... So being an experienced international striker for Norway carries a lot more weight, in my opinion.

I'm struggling to think of another Tanzanian footballer that I may have heard of...

However, now we have a Tanzanian footballer playing for us... an experienced one at that... and he is his national teams striker in the prime of his career and has joined us from a club playing in the Champions League (as you said)...

So I support him!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He can’t even start training until the end of the week. Stupid work permit laws.

I think he will make his debut against Spurs. 

Do you not think he’ll be in for Bournemouth? Or maybe even the Leicester semi?

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I doubt it, maybe Leicester. Or maybe I’m just just being pessimistic. I just don’t trust the home office to sort these things out quickly. 

Isn't the Leicester semi before Bournemouth, next Tuesday?

32 minutes ago, blunther said:

I don't think he can play against Leicester as he wasn't registered for the first leg...

Rules have been posted elsewhere maybe here too. Smith confirmed. He's eligible just need work permit

On 22/01/2020 at 02:12, briny_ear said:

Anybody know if he’s eligible to play in the 2nd leg of the Carabao Cup?

I don’t think he is. He wasn’t registered to play the 1st leg so I think he’s ineligible.

Spoiler

🎣

• Haha 1

Â