Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Very good??? Come on now. 

Yeah that might be an exagerration to be fair. But I think "Run of the mill" is harsh.

For a short time he was a decent premier league striker

4 hours ago, Wezbid said:

Yes, well, Noel Whelan has told Football Insider (sounds painful) that the signing is a risk. With that stunning view now out in the open, I'm not sure if I want him to sign anymore. 

"Risk" is the new wanky bullshit from tired pundits with zero understanding or insight.

You know what else is a risk? Not signing him.

You know what else is a risk? Buying Lionel Messi. Or not signing him, whatever, either is a risk.

It's an empty phrase with no meaning because they attach it to everything. Like the way they pad out sentences with the words "football club" to try and add some depth to their worthless speech. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Noel Whelan can piss off! Who made him the voice of football anyway? His name crops up in so many clickbait wanky ‘articles’. He wasn’t even a very good player. 

He is as bad a writer as he was a footballer, He went to a diffrent club every season after his coventry  days I suppose he was low risk because each club was able to get rid of him every 6 months

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

Having worked abroad I can only go on my experience. I was in the country but couldn’t work without a visa.  When I changed companies in that country I needed a new visa to work for new company.  I had to have a bridging visa to stay in the country between jobs but couldn’t work.  If I had worked without the visa I would’ve had my visa stopped, asked to leave the country and banned from applying again for 10 years if I remember properly.  Given, if the same for him, then I doubt he can train as that would be classed as working and given he is high profile it would be known.  Might be different for football or English rules.

As far as I know it's only work if he's getting paid. If not, the government don't care. 

The Premier League might, but I couldn't tell you. I doubt it. 

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

As far as I know it's only work if he's getting paid. If not, the government don't care. 

The Premier League might, but I couldn't tell you. I doubt it. 

I don’t think so, I could’ve started at my new company a week earlier and I was happy to do so without pay (a number of reasons for this) but my immigration lawyer advised me against this.  There were a number of reasons and a list of violations other than pay could be deemed as a benefit.  Trying to think in terms Samatta how this would apply, and off the top of my head was whose paying for his hotel, food, driving around?!?!  Could be deemed as a benefit for ‘working’.  Bizarrely if he’s not training ie working it doesn’t matter. 

Oh I don’t know but I’m just going off my experience working in the finance sector abroad.  It’s probably all fine and I doubt the government would do anything for a high profile certain visa acceptance I guess.

28 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I don’t think so, I could’ve started at my new company a week earlier and I was happy to do so without pay (a number of reasons for this) but my immigration lawyer advised me against this.  There were a number of reasons and a list of violations other than pay could be deemed as a benefit.  Trying to think in terms Samatta how this would apply, and off the top of my head was whose paying for his hotel, food, driving around?!?!  Could be deemed as a benefit for ‘working’.  Bizarrely if he’s not training ie working it doesn’t matter. 

Oh I don’t know but I’m just going off my experience working in the finance sector abroad.  It’s probably all fine and I doubt the government would do anything for a high profile certain visa acceptance I guess.

He's bringing millions of pounds to the exchequer. Money talks. 

Btw I have no idea if he has been training with us! I hope so. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

"Risk" is the new wanky bullshit from tired pundits with zero understanding or insight.

You know what else is a risk? Not signing him.

You know what else is a risk? Buying Lionel Messi. Or not signing him, whatever, either is a risk.

It's an empty phrase with no meaning because they attach it to everything. Like the way they pad out sentences with the words "football club" to try and add some depth to their worthless speech. 

Yes, maybe he could tell us who we should sign who is risk free.  Just 1 name then we can go out and spend our money knowing that he will fit right in, immediately adjust to the PL and score at least one goal in two, oh and not get injured. 

As you say it's an empty phrase and a none comment because everything is a risk. 

6 hours ago, gaz90 said:

I could have swore that I read somewhere that he had been training with us. I'll try and dig it out.

I don't think his current club would let him train with us before the contract is signed in case he got injured. Imagine that he broke his leg or something and we then changed our mind. I don't think they would be too happy with that. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Thought that I read somewhere that he'll be the first Tanzanian player in the PL history. That will bring in an entirely new group of fans for our fan base (like with Zimbabwe/Nakamba)

Trezeguet our Egyptian son 

Nakamba our Zimbabwean Prince

El Ghazi our Dutch rudder

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Hasn't he basically played half a season as a regular already?

TOTALLY different to Drinkwater.

Totally agree in comparison to Drinkwater,

I meant more in terms of short-term fitness - Samatta last played for Genk on the 26th of December. Pretty sure that the Belgian league has a winter break, and they've only just played this past weekend since the Christmas period. So whilst he will be fresh, he will likely not be match sharp having not played a competitive fixture for 3 weeks. But it's up to Smith to determine whether he is ready to start the full 90 or not, whenever his registration is complete.

11 minutes ago, Wes said:

Totally agree in comparison to Drinkwater,

I meant more in terms of short-term fitness - Samatta last played for Genk on the 26th of December. Pretty sure that the Belgian league has a winter break, and they've only just played this past weekend since the Christmas period. So whilst he will be fresh, he will likely not be match sharp having not played a competitive fixture for 3 weeks. But it's up to Smith to determine whether he is ready to start the full 90 or not, whenever his registration is complete.

As match sharp as all the Belgian league players before they played this weekend then? Hopefully he'll be ready for some minutes at least.

27 minutes ago, Wes said:

So whilst he will be fresh, he will likely not be match sharp having not played a competitive fixture for 3 weeks

He would've been ready for game on 19th Jan but got permission to sign for us

Â