Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lol.

Even my Tanzanian friend is excited, he supports Man U and claims he'll have no choice but to support us as well.

Wow. Talk about a backhanded compliment🙃

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

I thought Sea was meant to be highly rated at one time, but seems quiet on him, other than him can only think of Hooper, who always seems to be injured, and Tait. I guess none of those are considered ready yet.

Cameron Archer is the one who has actually played a handful of first team minutes. 

However, we will go into the game with the same team as the other day, El Ghazi furthest forward and Vassilev coming off the bench, I'm sure. 

It is absolutely criminal that we got ourselves into this situation. So glad we got £3m from Al Gharafa though. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Are you kidding? We can argue whether he’s good enough to be in the team, which I don’t but to think he is a good finisher is laughable, surely you don’t seriously think that.  Just has nothing in that area of his game.

I’ve seen him score plenty of goals for the youth and reserves sides. He also has bagged a few for our first team albeit sporadically 

1 hour ago, useless said:

As far as I'm aware Archer isn't really a centre-forward, more off a winger/wide forward, but not 100% sure on that.

I’d agree with this definitely, he’s one that has got a chance in my opinion but then again, I say that about everyone and then get upset when they are sold or released 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’ve seen him score plenty of goals for the youth and reserves sides. He also has bagged a few for our first team albeit sporadically 

Great, that doesn’t make him a good finisher! That part of his game, he’s useless at which is saying something for a striker.  Not a PL striker at all

18 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Great, that doesn’t make him a good finisher! That part of his game, he’s useless at which is saying something for a striker.  Not a PL striker at all

I think he has ability to play in the Premier League, his first touch and ability to link the play is Premier League quality I think. He still hasn’t had an extended run in our first team, he is a much better finisher than people give him credit for I think 

What's-Samatta you? Hey! Gotta no striker?
What-a you t'ink you do, why you look-a so sad?
It's-a not so bad, it's-a strikerless tactic!
Ah shaddap-a you face!
That's-a Ghazi, I can remember, 1 clear chance miss a-match!

Big Wes solo!
Ah, play 'dat again!
Really nice, really nice!
Miss a-dat!
Ah shaddap-a you face!
Edited by MaVilla

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he has ability to play in the Premier League, his first touch and ability to link the play is Premier League quality I think. He still hasn’t had an extended run in our first team, he is a much better finisher than people give him credit for I think 

Nope!

• Haha 1

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Well, I think we have faith in him or we wouldn’t have let Kodjia go

Yeah I like him and think he could do a job if he could stay fit. But his finishing is pretty terrible, imo. His general play is good tho.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Can you expand please?

Can’t finish and his hold up and link up play is ok but doesn’t make up for the deficit of not being a finisher.  Even hold up players of the past score some goals but Davis looks like he will only score in a blue moon, never looks like scoring, never gets into position to score and is awkward in the box.  His link up play isn’t good enough to compensate for that even when we were in the championship.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Can’t finish and his hold up and link up play is ok but doesn’t make up for the deficit of not being a finisher.  Even hold up players of the past score some goals but Davis looks like he will only score in a blue moon, never looks like scoring, never gets into position to score and is awkward in the box.  His link up play isn’t good enough to compensate for that even when we were in the championship.

He has scored a few for us, against Barnsley in The Championship and against Crewe Alexandra in the cup earlier this season. He hasn’t started many games for us, not one in the Premier League, I think he still has a lot of potential 

Â