Tom13

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Not for me - he's got a game at Bodymoor on Monday night to prepare for.

I think you’re spot on, have you seen him play? If so, what are his strengths and weaknesses? I don’t think a 16 year old should be built up to be a messiah 

1 hour ago, tinker said:

Michael Owen was a similar age and experience, he played for Liverpool when he was 17 and in a very important game. Some youngsters have an arrogance that defys their age and releases them from the worries and insecurities age brings. Not sure what Louis like but he seems confident and if he can compete in training with first team players then there is no reason for him not to play apart in our first team. 

There's a massive reason. 

He might not be ready or good enough to play premier league football. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

How will we ever know any player is good enough for the PL? if he shows enough in training then play him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tinker said:

How will we ever know any player is good enough for the PL? if he shows enough in training then play him.

And I'm sure Dean Smith will when he's ready. Let's just let the kid develop at his own pace. The club will do what's best for him and us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Can you just show your season ticket?

No, unfortunately not - wit there only being around 400 seats available there's a need for all of the tickets to be pre-sold. The Albion game for example sold out in about an hour.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mazrim said:

He isn't Rooney, Owen or Milner? Well, obviously. What do you mean by this though, that he isn't as good? Based on what?

Yeah he's certainly good enough, everyone pretty much was trying to sign home up, we were lucky to nab him.

If the kid earned a start compared to our under performer's THEN get him in, I bet he would relish the chance to start against city. or anyone else in the league.

I think our players should be dropped even for youth if need be, they feel way to safe and do not feel threatened because they are way to comfortable with there place knowing for the time being that no one is going to threaten there place even if tbey do the minimum at game time.

Much needs to change and youths need to be given more of a way in, I want to see them given there chance if first eleven players fail to impress.

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

He advanced to the U23s, so far it's looking like he's clearly ready to advance beyond the u23s, the lad should be aloud to float like a butterfly, sting like a few.

You can't hold back talent, you hold it back and put a safety at over talent it ends up being boxed in. We do not know what level he or some of the others are at. Fact is we go so wrong about it compared to top prem clubs who just let them play first team football and that's why they end up with more super kids breaking through than we do, they take the training wheels off and say go do your business for us.

We need to just let there talent breath, not choke it to death.

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

"Just because these three players I can name were ready when they were 16, out of the thousands and thousands of footballers that make it as professionals, Barry should play"

Thousands and thousands of young footballers who were born in Sutton Coldfield and have supported the Villa all of their life weren't scouted, headhunted and signed by European giants like Barcelona and PSG...

Im not saying throw him in against Man City in a cup final... but there clearly has to be something special about the lad... Like there was with Grealish when Lambert played him for his first league game (against Man City)... or to a lesser extent, when David O'Leary threw Gabby on... We need something different, something new... Is it not worth a punt for 15 minutes?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Thousands and thousands of young footballers who were born in Sutton Coldfield and have supported the Villa all of their life weren't scouted, headhunted and signed by European giants like Barcelona and PSG...

Im not saying throw him in against Man City in a cup final... but there clearly has to be something special about the lad... Like there was with Grealish when Lambert played him for his first league game (against Man City)... or to a lesser extent, when David O'Leary threw Gabby on... We need something different, something new... Is it not worth a punt for 15 minutes?

There is something special about him. I'm not denying that.

What I'm saying is "chuck him in" just because 0.01% of footballers were also ready when they were 16 is terrible logic.

If he's ready, he'll play. I'm certain of it. A load of blokes on the internet clamouring for him to be thrown in now when they've never seen him kick a ball is just dumb.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There is something special about him. I'm not denying that.

What I'm saying is "chuck him in" just because 0.01% of footballers were also ready when they were 16 is terrible logic.

If he's ready, he'll play. I'm certain of it. A load of blokes on the internet clamouring for him to be thrown in now when they've never seen him kick a ball is just dumb.

That's right. Terrible logic. Is anybody saying that though? Rooney, Milner, Owen et al are used as an example to the very silly notion that somebody shouldn't play merely because they're 16, regardless of their talent.
This kid is clearly exceptional. He cost, or will cost millions and was picked up from arguably the finest academy in the world. 

Also, it's just as dumb people saying he shouldn't play when they haven't seen him. There is no clamour as I see it. Just a hypothetical situation that may happen, but in all likelihood won't.
All anybody is saying is that it's another good reason to throw a youth player in, far from the most important or only reason to do so.

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

That's right. Terrible logic. Is anybody saying that though? Rooney, Milner, Owen et al are used as an example to the very silly notion that somebody shouldn't play merely because they're 16, regardless of their talent.
This kid is clearly exceptional. He cost, or will cost millions and was picked up from arguably the finest academy in the world. 

There seems to be a fair few people saying we should just play him, despite the club not playing him and them having never seen him play.

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Also, it's just as dumb people saying he shouldn't play when they haven't seen him. There is no clamour as I see it. Just a hypothetical situation that may happen, but in all likelihood won't.
All anybody is saying is that it's another good reason to throw a youth player in, far from the most important or only reason to do so.

That's true. but people aren't saying he shouldn't play, just that he shouldnt' just be chucked into a game (especially a cup final) because people aren't happy with the rest of the team/

12 hours ago, DCJonah said:

And I'm sure Dean Smith will when he's ready. Let's just let the kid develop at his own pace. The club will do what's best for him and us.

Thank God we can debate things rather than just shut every debate down because the club know better.

10 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Thank God we can debate things rather than just shut every debate down because the club know better.

What's to debate?

Its such a hypothetical situation based on no real evidence.  It's not like we're talking about whether hourihane should play, where there are lots of things we can base it on.

Everyone is in agreement that if he is ready then he should play. There is nothing to do but trust the club on this one. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dave-R said:

He advanced to the U23s, so far it's looking like he's clearly ready to advance beyond the u23s, the lad should be aloud to float like a butterfly, sting like a few.

You can't hold back talent, you hold it back and put a safety at over talent it ends up being boxed in. We do not know what level he or some of the others are at. Fact is we go so wrong about it compared to top prem clubs who just let them play first team football and that's why they end up with more super kids breaking through than we do, they take the training wheels off and say go do your business for us.

We need to just let there talent breath, not choke it to death.

I don't think deciding he probably shouldn't be thrown into a cup final against city is choking his talent to death. 

Â