Danny Drinkwater

StefanAVFC

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Yeah, I was thinking it was either he was just an experienced head keeping his cool or he legitimately doesn't give a shit. Leaning on the latter.

Nonsense. Even at 3-0 down he was trying to drop in and get on the ball, more than anyone else was.

• Like 1

Thrown under the bus a bit to be fair. Clearly not match fit and playing against the highest class. That said it’s difficult to remember a worse opening 45mins from a new signing.

Maybe Tonev or that Czech striker we had. Both looked like competition winners but they didn’t have a direct role in conceding four goals. 

• Like 1

The only way he’s going to be remotely effective for us is if he can get properly match fit. 

That will only come with games, so I don’t blame Smith for starting him today. All we can hope is the 90mins does him some good in the short-term. 

• Like 1

I get it. He needed a run out, hasn't played in ages.  The game that we really need him for is next week.  All that said he looked awful. The only way to go after that is up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Looked better than I thought he would.

Still comfortably the worst outfield player on the pitch.

I thought he was significantly better than the rest of our midfield - which is very worrying about the rest of our midfield!

Just now, Adam2003 said:

I thought he was significantly better than the rest of our midfield - which is very worrying about the rest of our midfield!

4.77 rating on Whoscored :D 

No one is even close to that bad

Â